Advanced Pracitice Provider - Cancer Care Institute
Department: 101106031 RCRH-CCI Med Oncology
Location: Rapid City, SD
Facility: Regional Cancer Care Institute
Requisition ID: 8327
Responsible for nursing practice management of selected at-risk or complex patients and aggregate patient populations in collaboration with physicians, nurses and other health care team members. Must demonstrate knowledge, critical thinking, and skills to plan, coordinate and provide care on a continuing basis. Care is provided in accordance with accepted hospital standards and policy and the South Dakota Nurse Practice Act. The CNP consistently employs patient and family-centered care to promote safety, quality, and satisfaction.
- Coordinate plan of care with responsible physician.
- Demonstrates the ability to appropriately assess patients, apply clinical interventions, evaluate outcomes and assist in the implementation of change to the plan of care and meet the standards of care for a Certified Nurse Practitioner (CNP).
- Documentation is thorough utilizing appropriate format and completed according to facility policy as evidenced by observation, documentation, and/or feedback.
- Documents all procedures and/or services to patients on charge (route) slips and processes route slips in accordance with established procedures to ensure accurate billing to patient accounts.
- Researches patient outcomes that promote best practice and facilitates evidence-based practice. Investigates clinical practice issues and develops recommendations, guidelines, standards, or clinical pathways as appropriate for patient populations to optimize clinical standards of practice.
- Responds appropriately to emergency situations, basing patient management decisions on individual patient needs.
- Serves as a resource person for providers, nursing staff, ancillary personnel and patient/families.
Certified Nurse Practitioner or Physician Assistant eligible for licensure in South Dakota.
Physical Demands: Lifting no more than 50 pounds at a time, with frequent lifting or carrying of objects weighing up to 25 p
Regional Health is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.
Regional Health offers a highly competitive and comprehensive benefits package that looks out for you and your family. We recognize there are many types of families, with many different needs. That's why our plans are flexible, allowing you to select the individual benefits which fit your personal needs.
How to Apply: