CIU-Patient Care Technician
Department: 101106025 RCRH-CIU-NSG
Location: Rapid City, SD
Facility: Rapid City Regional Hospital
Requisition ID: 8819
Assists the nursing staff in providing efficient, effective and safe patient care appropriate to the diagnosis and age of patient served. This is based on the knowledge of growth and development over the life span. The care is provided under the direction of the nurse in accordance with accepted hospital standards, policies, unit-specific competencies and the South Dakota Nurse Practice Act.
Essential Job Functions
- Contributes to the delivery of patient care in accordance with the patient plan of care, utilizing age specific growth and
- development guidelines as delegated by the nurse.
- Demonstrates the ability to identify an emergency situation and initiates appropriate responses.
- Participates in admission, discharge and transfer process.
- Supports and assists with patient care activities in collaboration with the nurse/charge nurse.
- Completes documentation accurately and in a timely manner according to policies, procedures, and regulations.
- Informs the RN of pertinent changes in patient status and needs for alterations in patients treatment plan and contributes to care
- planning by sharing information with the RN.
- Participates as an active member of the team regarding assignments, sharing patients, providing back up during staff illnesses
- and sick leave. Assures continuity of patient care by communication of current caseload information to other team members.
High School Diploma/GED Equivalent Required
Work Hours: Varied - 24-hour continuum of care in an acute care setting. A combination of 8-hour day, evening and night shifts. Works 50% of weekends. Holiday rotation is every other holiday. .
Regional Health is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.
Regional Health offers a highly competitive and comprehensive benefits package that looks out for you and your family. We recognize there are many types of families, with many different needs. That's why our plans are flexible, allowing you to select the individual benefits which fit your personal needs.
How to Apply: