ATC -Supr.- Sports Training Services
Department: 623419500 SPRH-SPRO RMC Ancillary Serv
Location: Spearfish, SD
Facility: Spearfish Regional Orthopedics
Requisition ID: 7625
Provides administrative leadership and day-to-day operational direction and oversight of the overall athletic training services/sports medicine services in the Northern Hills market area. This position will also perform professional services essential for the successful implementation and deployment of athletic training services.
- Responsible for the formation of the athletic training staff, including hiring, training and supervision of assistant/associate athletic trainers, graduate assistant athletic trainers, and student athletic trainers. Direct and oversee the acceleration, strength and conditioning staff to ensure safety in the design and implementation of fitness, nutrition and conditioning programs customized to meet individual student-athlete needs. Monitors staff adherence to established policies and procedures.
- Coordinates daily operation of department, providing emergency triage, treatment and rehabilitation of orthopedic and related health issues at high school and college venues. Assigns staff (regular and student) to maximize coverage of practices and athletic competitions. Will also provide direct care as a certified athletic trainer to student athletes as needed.
- Maintain accurate records of injuries, treatments and provide insurance claim forms for sports injuries treated by a physician. Coordinate and schedule physical examinations and medical referrals for student-athletes to determine their ability to practice and compete. Collaborate with physicians and rehab staff in order to develop and implement comprehensive rehabilitation programs for athletic injuries.
- Reviews selected injury cases for implications affecting development and implementation of health care policies and emergency action procedures. Develop and maintain appropriate general treatment orders to be reviewed annually and approved by the team physician.
- Prepares athletes for daily practice and games using acquired taping and wrapping skills to prevent an injury or to allow safe return to participation from an injury. Performs other related tasks in order to meet medical needs of Athletes.
- Maintains professional working relationship with coaches, athletic directors, parents and the local network of community medical services. Acts as liaison between family physicians and specialists, the school district, athletes and their parents.
- Develop overall sports medicine program for the Northern Hills, including: injury prevention programs, injury evaluations, injury management, injury treatment and rehabilitation, educational programs and performance acceleration programs for student-athletes.
- Handles all administrative matters for the department, including administering the budget and managing equipment purchases. Purchases all supplies (including pharmaceuticals) and maintains adequate inventories, as needed.
- As time allows, instruct athletes and coaches in injury prevention. Makes recommendations for protective equipment purchases to the Athletic Department.
Interpersonal - Ability to communicate in an effective professional manner, with various types of people, regardless of their age, background, skills, and abilities.
Excellent written and verbal communication skills - Excellent written and verbal communication skills. Good computer skills and knowledge required.
Current SD and WY Athletic Trainers license required. Bachelors degree required, Masters preferred.
3 years in a supervisory role is preferred.
Physical Demands: Medium Work
Lifting no more than 50 pounds at a time, with frequent lifting or carrying of objects weighing up to 25 pounds. Work in athletic/educational environments. Must work efficiently under stressful situations and have adequate decision making
Work Hours: Shifts and days may vary dependent upon sports schedules and seasons.
Regional Health is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.
Regional Health offers a highly competitive and comprehensive benefits package that looks out for you and your family. We recognize there are many types of families, with many different needs. That's why our plans are flexible, allowing you to select the individual benefits which fit your personal needs.
How to Apply: