Child Care Assistant
Department: 101108960 RCRH-RC Childrens Center
Location: Rapid City, SD
Facility: Rapid City Regional Hospital
Requisition ID: 8729
To provide quality care of children ranging from six weeks old up to age 12 with developmentally appropriate lesson plans.
Essential Job Duties:
- Establishes a nurturing and respectful relationship with all children and provides activities that enhance each child`s self-concept and socialization skills.
- Establishes a positive learning environment and provides a variety of activities that promote children`s physical skills, intellectual abilities, communication skills and creative expression.
- Utilizes knowledge gained through training and takes precautionary measures in order to provide for the safety of the children, parents, and other program participants.
- Contributes to the overall quality early childhood programming by promoting a positive developmentally appropriate practice and ensuring an overall safe, healthy and secure environment for children, staff and visitors.
- Integrates positive guidance techniques on a regular basis, such as communicating expectations, giving children realistic choices, and redirecting inappropriate behaviors.
- High School Diploma/GED Equivalent Required
- Plus a minimum of one year of additional schooling with education specific to early childhood programming (i.e., child development vocational or Child Development Associate training).
- Must have or be actively pursuing a Child Development Associate Credential (CDA).
- Individuals who have not previously completed the early childhood education requirement must enroll in and complete the Early Childhood Training Program sponsored by rapid city Regional Hospital within first 18 months of employment.Eerence
- Previous experience working with children in a group setting (i.e., day care,preschool) which Required direct supervision of children and planning develop-mentally appropriate activities is Preferred.
Required Licensure & Certification
Preferred Licensure & Certification
Work Hours: Monday - Friday 40 hours per week
Regional Health is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.
Regional Health offers a highly competitive and comprehensive benefits package that looks out for you and your family. We recognize there are many types of families, with many different needs. That's why our plans are flexible, allowing you to select the individual benefits which fit your personal needs.
How to Apply: