Chemo Infusion Registered Nurse
Department: 101106031 RCRH-CCI Med Oncology
Location: Rapid City, SD
Facility: Regional Cancer Care Institute
Requisition ID: 8694
The Chemo Infusion Registered Nurse works directly with adolescent, adult, and geriatric oncology patients undergoing active chemotherapy treatment in the outpatient setting. The Medical Oncology RN is responsible for the dose calculation and administration of chemotherapy treatment plans as established by the Medical Oncologist. Patient care responsibilities include bio-psycho-social assessment, education, and follow up nursing care. Will work with cancer patients through their active, palliative, and end of life care in accordance with accepted hospital standards and policy and the South Dakota Nurse Practice Act. The Medical Oncology Nurse consistently employs patient and family-centered care to promote safety, quality, and satisfaction.
- Demonstrates the ability to administer chemotherapy treatments in accordance with national standards and hospital policy
- Demonstrates the ability to appropriately assess patients, apply clinical interventions, evaluate outcomes, and implement change to the plan of care.
- Prioritizes and organizes delivery of care in a consistent manner. Initiates interdisciplinary collaboration to promote optimal patient care and outcomes.
- Initiates Interdisciplinary collaboration to promote optimal patient care and outcomes.
- Provides education for patients and families receiving chemotherapy treatments.
- Instructs patient/family/team in treatment plan and goals.
- Initiates authorization process for all new chemotherapy /supportive care treatments, as well as diagnostic tests through referral to patient navigators.
- Recognizes potential emergency/life threatening situations and initiates appropriate actions as evidenced by observation and chart review.
- Participates in orienting, teaching, guiding the performance of personnel and/or students.
- Participates in departmental processes/functions to improve departmental efficiency and financial viability.
- Graduate of accredited school of nursing
- South Dakota Registered Nurse license
- Oncology Nursing experience preferred.
We greatly value the following education, licensure, and experience (although only preferred):
- Bachelors Degree in nursing
Physical Demands: Medium Work
Lifting no more than 50 pounds at a time, with frequent lifting or carrying of objects weighing up to 25 pounds.
Regional Health is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.
Regional Health offers a highly competitive and comprehensive benefits package that looks out for you and your family. We recognize there are many types of families, with many different needs. That's why our plans are flexible, allowing you to select the individual benefits which fit your personal needs.
How to Apply: