Department: 101106021 RCRH-PCU-NSG
Location: Rapid City, SD
Facility: Rapid City Regional Hospital
Requisition ID: 8601
The Clinical Resource Nurse must demonstrate the knowledge and skills necessary to function as a nursing resource to physicians, staff, patients, and families for the age and type of patient cared for on specific units. This person will demonstrate strong communication skills to function as a conduit for communication between the medical staff, nursing staff, patients, families and ancillary departments. This person will be a strong advocate and promoter of Patient and Family-Centered Care. This person will also possess excellent critical-thinking skills to be able to recognize priority patient situations that need immediate attention. This person will possess excellent customer service skills and practice these on a consistent basis.
- Essential Job Functions:
- Consistently sets an example of excellence in clinical practice.
- Acts as a resource to clinical staff, patients, families and other customers regarding patient care.
- Mentors employees in the development and enhancement of clinical skills.
- Utilizes critical thinking in the coordination of medical and nursing interventions, as evidenced by observation and feedback.
- Establishes nursing care for patients based on nursing process as per standards of nursing practice.
- Effectively utilizes the OASIS documentation mandated through CMS.
- Handles unanticipated events and crisis situations in a professional manner.
- Is alert to potential problems and notifies appropriate individual as necessary.
- Manages the delivery of nursing care utilizing the nursing process to provide high quality patient care.
- Directs and assists others on the health care team to provide positive outcomes.
- Performs quality control audits, monitors and documents problems as they relate to nursing issues related to accuracy, quality of care and ensures CMS regulations are met.
- Provides appropriate staffing levels while being fiscally responsible with productivity standards.
- Adjusts patient assignments to ensure safe patient care according to patient acuity.
- Delegates responsibilities with a professional, objective approach.
- Takes a leadership role in the promotion of Patient and Family-Centered Care.
- Functions as a liaison between patient, family, unit staff, physician, and ancillary personnel.
- Facilitates collaboration between patients, family physicians and members of the health care team.
- Rounds on patients and families; responds promptly and professionally to customers addressing requests, problems and concerns.
- Ability to communicate in an effective professional manner, with various types of people, regardless of their age, background, skills, and abilities.
- Charge Nurse Preferred
- 3 Healthcare/Medical - Acute Care Required
Physical Demands: Lifting no more than 50 pounds at a time, with frequent lifting or carrying of objects weighing up to 25 pounds.
Regional Health is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.
Regional Health offers a highly competitive and comprehensive benefits package that looks out for you and your family. We recognize there are many types of families, with many different needs. That's why our plans are flexible, allowing you to select the individual benefits which fit your personal needs.
How to Apply: