Certified Pharmacy Tech
Department: 403427073 HP-SQCR Ambulatory Pharmacy
Location: Spearfish, SD
Facility: Spearfish Regional Hospital
Requisition ID: 8267
- This role is responsible for assisting with pharmacy operations for Home+. Home + is a new, wholly-owned non-profit company at Regional Health called Regional Health Home+. The company is an aggregation of existing ancillary services in pharmacy, home health and durable medical equipment with more than 120 employees and a strong balance sheet with the opportunity for (and emphasis on) profitable growth.
- Assists staff pharmacists in preparing and distributing medications, maintaining a drug inventory, and maintaining patient records, while understanding that certain duties can only legally be performed by a registered pharmacist.
Essential Job Functions:
- Accurately and efficiently fills prescriptions, assuring that the prescription is ready for the pharmacist to check.
- Assists pharmacists in the preparation and distribution of medications.
- Efficiently and accurately enters correct data into the computer system.
- Organizes and maintains the work area.
- Prepares compounded medications following the appropriate recipe while maintaining quality.
- Demonstrates an understanding of the order process and performs inventory management processes, including outdate checking for the pharmacy department.
- Receives and restocks medications within the appropriate time frame.
- Demonstrates ability to operate cash register and prepare daily cash reports.
- Demonstrates proficiency in operating various pharmacy computer systems.
- High School diploma or GED required
- Diploma from accredited pharmacy technician program required
Work Hours: The pharmacy operates Monday through Friday 8am to 6 pm and Saturday 9am to 2pm. Will work varied days and hours to cover pharmacy operations.
Regional Health is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.
Regional Health offers a highly competitive and comprehensive benefits package that looks out for you and your family. We recognize there are many types of families, with many different needs. That's why our plans are flexible, allowing you to select the individual benefits which fit your personal needs.
How to Apply: