Department: 101106030 RCRH-Cancer Care Inst
Location: Rapid City, SD
Facility: Regional Cancer Care Institute
Requisition ID: 8480
This position involves working with patients receiving active cancer treatment in the outpatient setting. Responsible for oncology reception services and the coordination and completion of all scheduling and admission functions associated with the oncology services at the Cancer Care Institute. Applicant must have excellent customer service skills with patients, co-workers, nurses, and physicians. The work environment is fast paced, high volume, and requires the ability to complete assigned duties with frequent interruptions.
- Admits all patients to CCI. Initiates and accurately completes and enters patient demographics and insurance information. Enters all orders in computer in a timely manner.
- Alerts the appropriate persons of the arrival of a patient.
- Follows procedures for opening and closing department as well as the appropriate times for transferring phones and locking doors.
- Handles special assignments such as special operational statistics, appointments with other clinics and special requests from patients.
- Pulls and prepares charts for new patient consults and return patient clinic visits. Accurately files records in patient charts and checks to be sure there are not any duplications and that records are in chronological order. Gathers information, records, and appropriate x-rays for new patient visits from other clinics and providers.
- Recognizes and provides back up coverage as needed for other admission associate staff members.
- Answers the telephone efficiently and effectively, transferring telephone calls appropriately. Greets patients and visitors in a pleasant manner, effectively handling their needs.
- Is knowledgeable in and provides backup for all office assistant duties as able/indicated. This includes but is not limited to scheduling, registration of patient`s, pre-registration functions, pre-authorization functions, scanning of identification and insurance cards.
High School Diploma or GED Equivalent Required.
Physical Demands: Light Work: Lifting no more than 20 pounds at a time, with frequent lifting or carrying of objects weighing up to 10 pounds. May require a good deal of walking or standing, and/or may require sitting most of the time with some pushing/pulling of arm or leg controls.
Regional Health is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.
Regional Health offers a highly competitive and comprehensive benefits package that looks out for you and your family. We recognize there are many types of families, with many different needs. That's why our plans are flexible, allowing you to select the individual benefits which fit your personal needs.
How to Apply: