ED Registration Associate (On Call/As Needed)
Department: 101108241 RCRH-Admissions
Location: Rapid City, SD
Facility: Rapid City Regional Hospital
Requisition ID: 8383
Initiates and coordinates the information necessary for prompt and efficient admission, transfer, and discharge of patients. Collects payment of patients financial liability in compliance with federal and state regulations. Communicates with Hospital Coordinator to ensure proper placement of patients. Demonstrates a caring and respectful attitude to all patients, family members, visitors, and fellow employees as defined in the Regional Health Standards of Performance.
Essential Job Functions
- Accurately identifies patient and selects correct Unit number from the Master Patient Index, if applicable as evidenced by
- Gathers and keys in accurate demographic and insurance information for prompt admission/registration/discharge of the patient
- and appropriate placement in the service area or ancillary department.
- Obtains signatures on required documents (consents for treatment, Medicare notices, etc) as appropriate and witnesses said
- Assists in achieving the financial objectives of the hospital by following Revenue Cycle guidelines.
- Demonstrates knowledge of payer information, including Medicare, Medicaid, and commercial payers, to ensure compliance with
- rules and regulations and facilitate the reimbursement process. Obtains scanned copy of insurance card and photo ID.
- Calculates patients financial liability, requests payment, accepts payment and presents receipts for same as evidenced by
- Identifies patients at high risk for financial clearance and patients requesting assistance, referring them to the Financial Counselor.
- Completes assigned performance improvement activities as evidenced by observation, documentation, and feedback.
- Monitors the daily census and ensures that all patients are entered appropriately.
- Utilize available technology to obtain necessary verification and authorization in the most efficient manner possible as evidenced
- by documentation. This could include Passport, insurance web-sites, telephone or fax.
High School Diploma/GED Equivalent General Studies Required
Associates Degree in Business Preferred
Healthcare/Medical - Admissions or Healthcare/Medical - Medical Records or Insurance or Medical Terminology Preferred
ICD and CPT coding experience or education Preferred
Certified Healthcare Access Associate (CHAA) certification - Preferred.
Physical Demands: Environment:
Well-lit, indoor working environment. May be exposed to contagious diseases. Noise threshold above normal due to instruments. Can be a high stress environment. Lifting no more than 20 pounds at a time, with frequent lifting or carrying of objects weighing up to 10 pounds. May require a good deal of walking or standing, and/or may require sitting most of the time with some pushing/pulling of arm or leg controls.
Work Hours: As needed, varied shifts, 7 days a week. This is an On-Call, As Needed Opportunity.
Regional Health is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.
Regional Health offers a highly competitive and comprehensive benefits package that looks out for you and your family. We recognize there are many types of families, with many different needs. That's why our plans are flexible, allowing you to select the individual benefits which fit your personal needs.
How to Apply: