Cardiac monitor technician
Department: 101106025 RCRH-CIU-NSG
Location: Rapid City, SD
Facility: Rapid City Regional Hospital
Requisition ID: 8367
The Cardiac Monitor Tech (CMT) is responsible for monitoring patients that require cardiac monitoring during their hospital stay. The CMT works cooperatively with registered nurses, providers, and other health care professionals.
Essential Job Functions
- Demonstrates knowledge of basic ECG interpretation and ability to identify life threatening dysrhythmias.
- Displays knowledge and skill in application, maintenance, and discontinuation of cardiac monitors.
- Performs routine alarm reviews, alarm customization, and review of need for cardiac monitoring according to Regional Health policy.
- Communicates with other caregivers when necessary to alert regarding significant dysrhythmias.
- Contributes to the patients medical record by documentation of baseline rhythms and alarms.
- Removes equipment from patient care areas when in need of repair and collaborates with biomedical engineering to assure replacement/repair.
Knowledge - Skills - Abilities
Basic computer skills required
High School Diploma/GED Equivalent Required
Some College (1 2 years) Preferred
High School Diploma or GED Equivalent required
Some post secondary education (1-2 years) preferred. Must successfully complete (80%) ECG course within 2 months of employment. Must fulfill annual continuing education requirements of department, orientation for various procedures and equipment,and in-services as required by departmental policy.
Knowledge of basic medical terminology.
Previous EKG interpretation skills preferred. Basic Dysrhythmia knowledge preferred.
Previous health care experience required which could include: Paramedic, EMT, PCT, LPN, Medical Assistant, CNA, HUC, EKG tech, or study in a related field such as nursing students, medical students, etc.
Licensure & Certification
Required to acquire ECG certification within 15 months of hire. This certification will be reimbursed
Physical Demands: Standing x
Work Hours: 12 hour shifts, 6a-630p or 6p-630a Must work at least one night shift and/or weekend per month, and minimum of one holiday per year
Regional Health is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.
Regional Health offers a highly competitive and comprehensive benefits package that looks out for you and your family. We recognize there are many types of families, with many different needs. That's why our plans are flexible, allowing you to select the individual benefits which fit your personal needs.
How to Apply: