Department: 101108050 RCRH-Food/Nutrition Svcs
Location: Rapid City, SD
Facility: Rapid City Regional Hospital
Requisition ID: 5812
Prepares food items as menued, either hot or cold, as assigned. Follows productions sheets and menus when preparing food, including portion counts. Follows recipes as written. Functions as a team, cooperating with co-workers to prepare food and keep area clean. Ability to obtain knowledge and understanding of the functions of the Food Service Department. Assists in the preparation of a variety of food according to infection control and HACCP guidelines to ensure safety and sanitation. All foods will be prepared, served, plated with the intent to exceed the customer`s expectations.
Essential job functions:
- Maintains HACCP Standards at all times during shift.
- Follows State Board of Health guidelines for food handling/preparation.
- Ability to obtain knowledge and understanding of the functions of the Food Service Department.
- Prepares and serves food according to daily needs with minimal waste. Kitchen - Cleanliness of work areas is reflected on PI monitoring form. Will participate in PI (records temps on refrigerators/food/dish machines and documents follow-up when there are deviations from the standard as per monitoring forms).
- Attends staff meetings/workshops or obtains information when unable to do so. Monitors self-computer usage.
- Ability to communicate effectively both verbally and in writing. Basic math skills. Ability to establish priorities and manage time effectively.
- Excellent knowledge of the structure and content of the English language including meaning and spelling of words, rules of composition and grammar.
- Ability to work independently. Ability to manage and multi-task several requests at one time.
High School Diploma/GED Equivalent Required
Physical Demands: Medium Work
Lifting no more than 50 pounds at a time, with frequent lifting or carrying of objects weighing up to 25 pounds.
Work Hours: 2:00 pm to 10:30 pm
Regional Health is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.
Regional Health offers a highly competitive and comprehensive benefits package that looks out for you and your family. We recognize there are many types of families, with many different needs. That's why our plans are flexible, allowing you to select the individual benefits which fit your personal needs.
How to Apply: