AHA Training Center Instructor
Department: 151108024 CS-Education & Dev
Location: Rapid City, SD
Facility: Rapid City Regional Hospital
Requisition ID: 8325
Regional Health is seeking an instructor to administer and deliver AHA programs such as ACLS, PALS, BLS to Regional Health staff and external learners.
- Administers and collects participant evaluations of training programs.
- Administers and documents performance testing to determine ability of trainee to meet American Heart Association certification standards.
- Collects and documents collection of fees for American Heart Association certification cards.
- Conducts regular evaluation of program content, training methods, and outcomes, implementing enhancements and updates as appropriate.
- Coordinates educational QA/QI activity and utilizes the information to further enhance the quality of educational activity.
- Initiates timely distribution of certification cards for individuals who have successfully completed training.
- Develops and delivers training programs and instructional materials utilizing the concepts and applications of adult learning, employing effective and appropriate training methods, and meeting the current American Heart Association training standards.
- Attends required yearly safety management and infection control programs as well as any other programs mandated by the director.
- Demonstrates the ability to prioritize responsibilities in a timely manner in periods of crisis when time is critical.
- Initiates problem solving through appropriate verbal and written communications which are complete, clear, concise, logically ordered, professionally delivered, and result in intended understanding.
- Must be American Heart Association Certified
- Associates preferred
- Two years experience delivering ACLS training courses desired. Experience in the health care field, adult education desired.
- Paramedic/RN certification desired.
Physical Demands: Medium Work
Lifting no more than 50 pounds at a time, with frequent lifting or carrying of objects weighing up to 25 pounds.
Regional Health is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.
Regional Health offers a highly competitive and comprehensive benefits package that looks out for you and your family. We recognize there are many types of families, with many different needs. That's why our plans are flexible, allowing you to select the individual benefits which fit your personal needs.
How to Apply: