Certified Registered Nurse Anesthetists
Department: 101107085 RCRH-CRNA
Location: Rapid City, SD
Facility: Rapid City Regional Hospital
Requisition ID: 8170
The Certified Registered Nurse Anesthetists is responsible and accountable to provide safe, efficient, and effective delivery and management of anesthesia and analgesia services for the surgical and obstetrical patient. The CRNA is also a resource person for neo-natal and adult resuscitation (codes), epidural analgesia for labor and delivery, post-operative pain management, acute or chronic pain management, and intravenous (peripheral or PICC line) catheter placement, as appropriate throughout the hospital. The CRNA is an Advanced Practice RN who works in collaboration with the physician, and independently to provide anesthesia services in Regional Health facilities as assigned.
- Assesses Anesthesia care to assure its quality and contribution to positive patient outcomes.
- Demonstrates responsibility by responding to other anesthesia needs outside the surgery areas as well as unexpected or increased needs in the surgery area.
- Formulates a patient-specific plan for anesthesia care, and obtains informed consent for the planned anesthetic intervention from the patient or legal guardian.
- Implements and adjusts the anesthesia care plan during the peri-operative period, based on the patients physiological response.
- Monitors the patients physiologic condition as appropriate for the type of anesthesia and specific patient needs.
- Performs a thorough and complete pre and post anesthesia assessment with complete, accurate, and timely documentation of pertinent information on the patients medical record.
Knowledge Skills Abilities:
- Proficiency in spinal, epidural, and other regional techniques, endotracheal intubation (oral or nasal), intravenous placement (adult and pediatric), PICC line placement, naso-gastric tubes, etc.
- Ability to function independently without anesthesiologist supervision.
- Ability to work with Windows 95, Microsoft Access, Microsoft Word, and Outlook.
- Ability to adapt and respond to change and learn quickly.
- Must display a positive attitude and flexibility in changing situations.
- Ability to adapt to frequent interruptions while concentrating on critical tasks.
- Must be able to investigate, recognize, and analyze problems in order to determine a plan of action.
- Ability to problem-solve and make independent decisions based on sound judgment.
- Must be detail oriented and possess a high degree of accuracy.
- Must have strong organizational skills and be able to work efficiently under stress.
- Exhibits the ability to establish good working relationships with patients, families, staff, and resource providers.
Education - License - Certification requirements:
- Graduate Nursing Required
- Masters Preferred
- Has completed a program accredited by the council on accreditation of Nurse Anesthesia Programs.
- Registered Nurse license to practice in South Dakota
- South Dakota Advanced Practice RN license
- ACLS certification
Previous experience preferred:
- Must have performed sufficient numbers and types of cases to obtain facility credentialing
Physical Demands: Medium Work: Must be able to provide direct patient care. Lifting no more than 50 pounds at a time, with frequent lifting or carrying of objects weighing up to 25 pounds. Sufficient motor skills to perform all types of airway management, general, MAC and regional anesthetics. Must be able to take call when in designated on-call status and report to work within established response time.
Work Hours: This position is exempt from overtime according to FLSA regulations and will be scheduled 40 hours per week usually Monday through Friday. Schedule will include on-call rotation and call-back status. On-call rotation includes evenings, nights, weekends & holidays.
Regional Health is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.
Regional Health offers a highly competitive and comprehensive benefits package that looks out for you and your family. We recognize there are many types of families, with many different needs. That's why our plans are flexible, allowing you to select the individual benefits which fit your personal needs.
How to Apply: