RB Royal Industries, Inc - Fond du Lac, WI
1st Shift (6:00am-2:30pm M-F)
2nd Shift (3:30pm-2:00am M-TH)
Responsible for all advanced activities related to installation, maintenance and repair of machinery, production equipment, systems, facility, physical structures and grounds.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
· Manages and performs maintenance duties related to the Smart Maintenance system.
· Follows specifications, blueprints, manuals, schematic drawings and company procedures
· Visually inspects, tests and repairs machinery and equipment using electrical and electronic test equipment. May perform basic and some advanced electrical work exempt from that requiring an electricians license
· Performs basic and sometimes advanced pneumatic, hydraulic or mechanical repairs to equipment
· Directs and coordinate work contracted to outside service providers. May negotiate service contracts on occasion
· Uses various hand tools, power tools, hoist, crane, welders and measuring and testing instruments as required
· Listens for unusual sounds from machines or equipment to detect malfunction and discusses machine operation variations with operators or other maintenance workers to diagnose problem or repair machine
· Dismantles defective machines and equipment and installs new or repaired parts, following specifications and blueprints, using precision measuring instruments
· Cleans and lubricates shafts, bearings, gears and other parts of machinery, using rags, brushes, grease gun or other means as necessary
· May install machinery and equipment according to blueprints and other specifications
· May install, program or repair automated machinery and equipment, such as robots or programmable controllers.
· May set up and operate machine tools, such as lathe, grinder, drill and milling machine to repair or fabricate machine parts, jigs and fixtures and tools
· Repairs and maintains physical structure within or outside of establishment
· Ensures the reliable operation of security and alarm systems
· Provides facility and grounds maintenance including paint touch up and snow removal on
walkways and in front of exits
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE: Electro-mechanical related Associate degree from a technical school with five years experience in closely related service field. Demonstrated knowledge in mechanical, electrical, electronic repair with Journeyman equivalent experience in any of the above. Basic training or equivalent work experience in carpentry, plumbing, HVAC, jigs and fixtures, machinist construction and welding. Automation experience a plus.
LANGUAGE SKILLS: Ability to read and interpret all documentation such as safety rules, maintenance and operational manuals, prints, procedures and charts. Able to work with computer diagnostics and PC/PLC programming and ladder diagrams. Ability to effectively communicate with outside vendors and service organizations. Ability to write routine correspondence and reports relating to technical abilities of this function. Ability to communicate effectively before groups of people.
REASONING ABILITY: Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram or schedule form.
MATHEMATICAL SKILLS: Ability to work with addition, subtraction, multiplication, division, concepts of plane and solid geometry, trigonometry, logic analysis, fractions, decimals, percentages, ratios, proportions and algebra with the ability to adapt and interpret these to practical situations.
OTHER ABILITIES: Has complete knowledge of metals, pneumatics, hydraulics, welding, brazing, cutting, piping, conduit, building wiring, HVAC, distribution systems and other applicable functions within the manufacturing system.
Knowledge of all lock-out/tag-out procedures, electrical safety standards, shop safety procedures, hazardous material response procedures and all plant safety and personal protection procedures
Able to obtain and maintain a Maintenance Electrician License with the City of Fond du Lac within one year of entry into the department.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee frequently works near moving machinery, operational equipment, exposed energized components and unguarded equipment utilizing applicable safety procedures and standards. The employee regularly works in moderately loud noise conditions and is required to utilize appropriate personal protective equipment to isolate/protect from the above listed conditions. The employee may be required to work in awkward positions.
The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. The employee occasionally must lift and/or move 100 pounds or more. Specific vision abilities required by the job include close vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and the ability to adjust focus.
The employee frequently works near moving mechanical parts and vibration. The noise level in the work environment is usually loud.
How To Apply:
Please submit resume to:
RB Royal Industries, Inc.
1350 South Hickory Street
Fond du Lac, WI 54936