Administrative Assistant- Hospitalist- St Mary/St Vincent- Part Time
This position will work 20 hrs per week
Job Description and Essential Functions
Job Title/Position: Administrative Assistant & Supervisor
Job Classification: Administrative/Professional Support
Date of Analysis: 6/3/13 Date of Revision/Review: 5/18/2015, 05/2018
Brief Description of Job Responsibilities:
Provides secretarial assistance to the Service Line Directors and supervision of the Administrative Support Staff.
- Performs general secretarial duties for management staff, including but not limited to:
a) Open daily mail for respective boss and respective department, distribute as appropriate
b)Maintains calendars and arranges meeting for various committees
c) Schedule meeting rooms, order food and equipment both on site and off site
d)Types and sends correspondence
e) Types and distributes meeting agendas and minutes
f) Maintain and organizes files
g)Answer and follow up on phone calls for Executive area
h) Receives and assists visitors, referring to appropriate individuals
i) Makes travel arrangements as needed
j) Takes dictation, transcribes correspondence and proofreads typed material
k) Assist with special projects, strategic plan and budget preparation as needed
l) Copying and distribution of reports as needed
m) Distribution of various information via email/interoffice/fax/U.S. mail
n) Orders supplies and equipment
- Attends monthly meetings as assigned. Records minutes of meetings. Maintains documents and files including those related to committees, strategic planning, personnel, etc
- Maintains files related to department matters and prepares summary for management as needed
- Attends meetings as assigned and reports on actions
- Participates in professional development activities to keep current with health care administration practices
- Completes agenda, attends meetings, takes dictation and completes minutes for various meetings.
- Provides leadership and supervision to Administrative Support Staff
- Direct, motivate and evaluate Administrative Support Staff and create a work environment where group productivity can be achieved
- Continually seek out, analyze, recommend and implement methods for improvement of internal efficiencies
10.Encourage the use of technology and systems to improve operational efficiencies of staff where possible and appropriate
11.Maintains an organizational structure that supports the Administrative Support Staff members
12.Must be willing and able to delegate authority appropriately
13.Provides back up support to Leadership team members as needed
14.Assist with covering other Executive Secretaries as needed
15.Maintains strictest confidentiality
16.Performs related work as required
- Associate degree in business administration or secretarial practice preferred.
- Ten years of secretarial experience including one year in a health care organization.
- Typing ability of 60wpm.
- Word processing computer experience.
- Ongoing job related training.
- Ability to be tactful and discreet when dealing with confidential information.
- Ability to be organized and complete tasks on time with little supervision.
- Ability to be a self-starter and use his or her initiative.
- Strong knowledge of organization policies, procedures, systems.
- Knowledge of health care administration practices.
- Strong knowledge of computer systems and applications.
- Excellent command of English grammar, spelling and punctuation.
- Knowledge of basic arithmetic to make calculations, balance and reconcile figures.
- Strong skills in written and verbal communication.
10.Ability to gather and report information.
11.Strong customer service skills with the ability to work effectively with all levels of staff, patients, public, external agencies and particularly senior management.
12.Ability to be flexible and adaptable.
13.Ability to exercise initiative, problem solving, decision making.
14.May require delivery of documents to other clinic sites.
15.Professional appearance and presentation.
16.Required to work one late shift rotation each week.
17.Ability to work early shift as needed.
18.Flexibility to work overtime as needed.
19.Ability to remain calm and professional under stress.
20.This position requires substantial leadership experience, requires excellent communication skills and a solid track record of working with top management.
21.This person will work closely with the senior management team.
Non-Essential Duties: Other duties as assigned
Typical Working Conditions:
Work is performed in an office environment. Involves frequent contact with senior management staff, physician shareholders and the public. Frequent telephone contacts with employees and patients. Work may be stressful at times. Contact may involve dealing with angry or upset people. Interaction with others is constant and interruptive. Strong work ethic and achievement oriented in supervision of Executive Secretarial staff. Needs to be highly effective and active communicator who works well with people at all levels.
Typical Physical Demands:
Requires prolonged sitting, some bending, stooping and stretching. Requires eye-hand coordination and manual dexterity sufficient to operate a keyboard, photocopier, telephone, calculator and other office equipment. Requires visual acuity correctable to 20/30 and normal range of hearing. Requires lifting papers or boxes up to 50 pounds occasionally. Requires dexterity to type 60wpm. May be necessary to view and type on computer screens for long periods.
- Rarely needs to carry box of paper 50 pounds
- Carries food trays/supplies food seldom -- 20 pounds
- Overhead reaching for supplies in closets/cabinets
In compliance with federal law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the United State and to complete the required employment eligibility document form upon hire. Prevea participates in E-verify. To learn more about E-Verify, including your rights and responsibilities, please visit www.dhs.gov/E-Verify
Essential Functions/Physical Demands
Job Title/Position: Administrative Assistant
Job Classification: Administrative/Professional Support
How to Apply:
We have over 1200 reasons for you to consider a career with Prevea Health--they're our employees. We're an organization that values teamwork and provides continuous education, training and support so every member of the team contributes to our success. We offer a competitive salary and benefits package in an environment geared to professional and personal growth. No matter what your background or professional interests are, we think you'll like what we have to offer. Together we are the best place to get care and the best place to give care.
To Apply, please click on the button below and put 19-639 in the "What" box then select "Search For Jobs"
Prevea Health is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer.