Advanced Practice Provider Supervisor- OB/GYN- Allouez
Job Description and Essential Functions
Job Title/Position: Advanced Practice Nurse Practitioner Supervisor
Job Classification: Provider
Date of Analysis: 10/31/2016 Date of Revision/Review: 05/2018
Brief Description of Job Responsibilities:
Providing exceptional care for our patients as well as recognizing the value of your co-workers is the expectation of all members of the Prevea Clinic organization. All members are expected to focus on the patient`s needs; relate to all in a friendly, accepting manner; communicate in a positive and professional way to patients and co workers; use time effectively and efficiently; and demonstrate an overall high level of performance.
Performs all APP clinical services as assigned in the home department. Sets the standard for patient work up, following provider protocols and is responsible for assuring the provision of optimal patient care on an ongoing basis. Oversees APPs within the designated departments.
(This list may not include all of the duties assigned)
- Demonstrates a commitment to Prevea Clinic`s mission, vision, values, and goals.
- Promotes teamwork and provides a supportive environment for staff in the department and other departments that interact with the department.
- Solicits suggestions for problem solving and process improvement from the APP staff in the department.
- Implements solutions to improve department function with consideration of and sensitivity to the impact of other departments and the overall clinic functioning.
- Supervises the day-to-day operations of the APP staff to assure a high level of productivity and customer service.
- Analyzes and recommends changes in department processes, systems, and procedures to increase efficiencies in the department.
- Demonstrates strong organizational skills, effective priority setting, and follow through in supervising the APP staff of the department.
- Acts as a role model for APP staff through professional conduct, adhering to the dress code, appropriate communication, and excellent customer service skills, and supports management decisions.
- Encourages initiative, confidence, and loyalty of APP personnel by demonstrating these qualities in relationships with staff, administration, and providers.
- Creates a climate where the APP staff is empowered and strives to do their best.
- Leads with an understanding of the philosophy of a physician owned clinic.
- Participates in the clinic`s continuous quality improvement programs.
- Promotes a safe work environment and demonstrates knowledge of policies and procedures related to infection control, disaster plans, and safety processes.
- Promotes efficiency in the department while maintaining customer satisfaction.
- Plans and coordinates all necessary services with APP staff and other departments to meet patient needs.
- Assures the department has the appropriate resources and staffing to ensure quality patient care.
- Uses creativity and innovation in problem solving, and developing new processes and services for the department.
- Works in conjunction with the Service Line Director in strategic planning for the department.
- Dedicated to meeting or exceeding the expectations and requirements of internal and external customers.
- Supports clinic wide customer service initiatives and serves as a customer service role model.
- Reviews customer satisfaction data with APPs and staff, and assists in identifying opportunities for change and improvement.
- Responds to complaints in a timely manner according to the Quality Resources Policy.
- Communicates with staff and management in other departments to create a seamless process for patient care.
- Communicates changes in provider and staff schedules to members of the department in a timely manner.
- Holds meetings with APP staff as needed.
- Communicates new information to APP staff in a timely manner.
- Assures confidentiality of management information, staff information, and patient information.
- Attends and contributes to supervisory meetings and participates in committees as appropriate.
- Communicates with the Service Line Director on a regular basis and submits appropriate minutes and reports as requested.
- Has a working knowledge of clinical roles under their supervision, and is available as a clinical resource to the APPs and other department staff.
- Understands clinical competencies in dealing with age groups, disease processes, and department procedures.
- Responds to performance issues in a timely manner in accordance with Prevea Clinic`s discipline policy.
- Supervises, directs, and evaluates APP staff performance.
- Recruits APP staff in a timely manner to fill open positions and consults with HR to determine the appropriate wage for each candidate.
- Implements individual and group training programs to develop APP staff competencies.
- Identifies educational needs of APP staff and coordinate the process for APP staff to attend educational opportunities within budgeted parameters.
- Holds staff accountable for the department and organizational policies and procedures.
- Oversee and compete time cards of assigned staff.
- Review and approve vacation and continued education requests.
- Attends department leadership meetings.
- Attends PMT (Prevea management team) meetings.
- Act as a liaison between assigned APP staff and physicians.
1. Minimum two years experience in supervising (department) preferred
2. Adequate clinical knowledge and skills to plan, evaluate, perform, and supervise the quality of patient care.
3. Ability to handle and process confidential information.
4. Graduate of a master`s level NP or PA program
5. Nurse Practioner or Physician Assistant Certification
7. Maintains current CPR certification and ACLS
8. Requirements may vary.
Other duties as assigned.
Typical Working Conditions:
Work is performed in an office environment. Involves phone contact with a various array of patients, employees, and providers. Occasional pressure due to multiple calls and emergencies. Some travel required to various department sites.
Typical Physical Demands:
Work requires physical hand dexterity and full range of motion for operation of computer. Requires sitting for long periods. Requires ability to hear and see within the normal range. Requires ability to work under stressful or emergency situations with high concentration and energy level.
In compliance with federal law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the United State and to complete the required employment eligibility document form upon hire. Prevea participates in E-verify. To learn more about E-Verify, including your rights and responsibilities, please visit www.dhs.gov/E-Verify
Essential Functions/Physical Demands
Job Title/Position: Advanced Practice Nurse Practitioner
Job Classification: Provider
How to Apply:
We have over 1200 reasons for you to consider a career with Prevea Health--they're our employees. We're an organization that values teamwork and provides continuous education, training and support so every member of the team contributes to our success. We offer a competitive salary and benefits package in an environment geared to professional and personal growth. No matter what your background or professional interests are, we think you'll like what we have to offer. Together we are the best place to get care and the best place to give care.
To Apply, please click on the button below and put 20-030 in the "What" box then select "Search For Jobs"
Prevea Health is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer.