Athletic Trainer - UWGB
THE MISSION STATEMENT
To take care of people with passion, pride, and respect.
OVERALL EXPECTATIONS STATEMENT
Providing exceptional care for our patients as well as recognizing the value of your co-workers is the expectation of all members of the Prevea Clinic organization. All members are expected to focus on the patient`s needs; relate to all in a friendly, accepting manner; communicate in a positive and professional way to patients and co workers; use time effectively and efficiently; and demonstrate an overall high level of performance.
The candidate will be responsible for full-time athletic training duties at the University of Wisconsin - Green Bay.
MAJOR RESPONSIBILITIES (this list may not include all of the duties assigned)
- Serve as an Athletic Trainer within Green Bay Athletics, providing patient centered care to all student-athletes.
- Serve as the primary Athletic Trainer for women`s soccer, providing onsite practice coverage, event coverage, and team travel.
- Serve as the primary Athletic Trainer for men`s & women`s swimming & diving.
- No travel is required.
- Coordinate with other staff Athletic Trainers providing secondary coverage for swimming & diving student-athletes.
- Serve as a secondary Athletic Trainer for moderate- and low-risk sports, providing support to the primary Athletic Trainer in the form of patient care and rehabilitation, as well as occasional practice and event coverage.
- Act as the appropriate medical contact for all assigned teams while coordinating all medical care for assigned student athletes.
- Provide general coverage for the Athletic Training Room during posted hours.
- Assist in coverage for practices, workouts, and events taking place around the Kress Events Center.
- Provide appropriate Athletic Training Room management, including but not limited to proper supply use, inventory, cleaning, and facility maintenance.
- Appropriately report injuries, illnesses, and referrals to the Medical Director and/or Head Athletic Trainer.
- Effectively communicate with all program coaches and strength & conditioning staff regarding participation status and limitations of injured and ill student-athletes while complying with HIPAA standards.
- Serve as liaison between the Sports Medicine Department and other medical services within Green Bay Sports Medicine and Prevea Sports Medicine.
- Perform administrative functions or roles as directed by the Head Athletic Trainer or Medical Director.
- Work under the provisions of the position description for Green Bay Athletics Staff Athletic Trainer.
- This position works in a creative and collaborative team environment where change is embraced, innovation is encouraged, and conflict resolution behaviors are appropriate.
PERFORMANCE REQUIREMENTS (Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities)
Ability to empower leadership. Person must be self-directed. Must abide by department and clinic mission, values, vision statements and specified goals and objectives. Must be able to communicate effectively.
Upholds the University of Wisconsin-Green Bay Staff Athletic Trainer position description put forth by UWGB and Prevea Health for an Outreach Setting.
- Certified Athletic Trainer by the Board of Certification, in good standing.
- Wisconsin Licensed Athletic Trainer or eligible.
- CPR and AED certified.
- Post-graduate collegiate setting experience strongly preferred.
- Experience in providing successful outcomes for post-surgical and non-surgical orthopedic rehabilitation.
- Ability to effectively communicate with Student-Athletes, Athletic Trainers, Coaches, Physicians, Administrators, parents and other Allied Health Care professionals working with UW-Green Bay Student-Athletes.
- Ability to successfully coordinate a multi-faceted plan of care for injured or ill Student-Athletes as dictated by standard protocols / procedures and physician`s orders.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Demonstrate the ability to work within and contribute to a team setting of Athletic Trainers, Coaches, and Student-Athletes.
Other duties as assigned.
TYPICAL PHYSICAL DEMANDS
Requires full range of body motion including handling and lifting patients, manual and finger dexterity and eye-hand coordination. Requires standing and walking for prolonged periods of time. Requires normal visual acuity and hearing. Requires exposure to communicable disease and bodily fluids. Requires working under stress in emergency situations or during irregular hours. Work is both indoors and outdoors in all types of weather. Settings include exam room, training room, and on location with the athletes including the dugout or on the sidelines of the field, gymnasium, or arena.
Must be able to assist with or transfer athletes of various weight/heights.
Must be able to push carts with athletic equipment on them.
Must be able to stand for long periods of time, have good mobility skills and be able to walk long distances.
Must demonstrate ability to communicate to give adequate directions and instructions to subordinates.
Must be able to carry training kit and coolers for long distances.
TYPICAL WORKING CONDITIONS
Frequent exposure to communicable diseases, toxic substances, ionizing radiation, medicinal preparations and other conditions common to a clinic environment.
Green Bay, WI, US.
How to Apply:
We have over 1200 reasons for you to consider a career with Prevea Health--they're our employees. We're an organization that values teamwork and provides continuous education, training and support so every member of the team contributes to our success. We offer a competitive salary and benefits package in an environment geared to professional and personal growth. No matter what your background or professional interests are, we think you'll like what we have to offer. Together we are the best place to get care and the best place to give care.
To Apply, please click on the button below and put 20-006 in the "What" box then select "Search For Jobs"
Prevea Health is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer.