ACLS/IV Tech -Paramedic - Cardiac Diagnostics- Allouez- PRN
This position will work as needed
Job Description and Essential Functions
Job Title/Position: ACLS/IV Tech
Job Classification: Direct Patient Care / Hands-On Patient Care
Date of Analysis: Date of Revision/Review:1/29/217, 05/2018
Brief Description of Job Responsibilities:
Provides necessary ACLS treadmill monitoring for patients at Prevea. This position will also be responsible for starting IV`s prior to exams and for making patients comfortable before and after exams, coordinating the patient flow.
- Be available to provide BLS and ACLS in time of emergency or adverse reactions i.e. anaphylaxis.
- Administer medications per stress test protocols or MD order.
- Accompany patients to IV/prep area.
- Provide age appropriate instructions to patients regarding necessary steps in preparing for exam, including IV starts.
- Obtain and maintain IV access if necessary for exam. Remove IV when necessary and obtain hemostasis.
- Provide continuous monitor of patients while in the stress lab area.
- Provide necessary patient education regarding the various diagnostic tests provided by department.
- Perform EKGs, apply cardiac rhythm monitors and ambulatory blood pressure monitors.
- Perform routine checks and restocking of Crash Cart, making sure that necessary supplies are available and expiration dates are checked daily according to Prevea Clinic policy.
- Stay current on clinic response protocols.
- Provide good customer service to patients so that exams are as positive as possible.
- Maintain a professional appearance and conduct conducive to Prevea Clinic`s mission and values.
- IV experience
- Good communication skills
- Advanced knowledge of 12 lead EKG`s
- Current ACLS certification
Non-Essential Duties: Other duties as assigned within scope of practice
Typical Working Conditions:
Typical Physical Demands:
Requires prolonged sitting, some lifting, bending, stooping, and stretching. Flexibility to work with IV starts patient attendance to help transport them to/from nuclear medicine and treadmill unit.Vision must be correctable to 20/30 and hearing must be within normal range.
In compliance with federal law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the United State and to complete the required employment eligibility document form upon hire. Prevea participates in E-verify. To learn more about E-Verify, including your rights and responsibilities, please visit www.dhs.gov/E-Verify Opens a New Window.
Essential Functions/Physical Demands
Job Title/Position: ACLS/IV Tech
Job Classification: Direct Patient Care/ Hands-On Patient Care
How to Apply:
We have over 1200 reasons for you to consider a career with Prevea Health--they're our employees. We're an organization that values teamwork and provides continuous education, training and support so every member of the team contributes to our success. We offer a competitive salary and benefits package in an environment geared to professional and personal growth. No matter what your background or professional interests are, we think you'll like what we have to offer. Together we are the best place to get care and the best place to give care.
To Apply, please click on the button below and put 19-331 in the "What" box then select "Search For Jobs"
Prevea Health is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer.