Athletic Trainer - St. Norbert College
This position will work 34 hrs per week
Prevea Athletic Trainer
Job Title: St. Norbert College Athletic Trainer
Job Type: Full-Time/Regular -- 10 month position
The Mission Statement
To take care of people with passion, pride, and respect.
Overall Expectations Statement
Providing exceptional care for our patients as well as recognizing the value of your co-workers is the expectation of all member of the Prevea Clinic organization. All members are expected to focus on the patient`s needs; relate to all in a friendly, accepting manner; communicate in a positive and professional way to patients and co-workers; use time effectively and efficiently; and demonstrate an overall high level of performance.
The candidate will be responsible for athletic training duties at St. Norbert College taking care of M/W Cross County, women`s basketball, and M/W Track & Field.
Major Responsibilities (this list may not include all of the duties assigned)
- Responsibilities include assisting with all facets of athletic health care for St. Norbert College athletes which may include travel with teams.
- The prevention and care of athletic injuries.
- Conferring regularly with coaches, athletic department personnel, and physicians to plan, coordinate, and evaluate athletes.
- Opportunity to teach CPR and First Aid classes
- Act as the primary medical contact for all assigned teams while coordinating all medical care for assigned Student Athletes.
- Provide general coverage for the Athletic Training Room during posted hours.
- Assist in coverage for practices and workouts taking place at facilities.
- Provide appropriate Athletic Training Room management, including but not limited to proper supply use, inventory, cleaning, and facility maintenance.
- Appropriately report injuries, illnesses, and referrals to the Sports Medicine Outreach Manager.
- Effectively communicate with all program Coaches and Strength & Conditioning staff regarding participation status and limitations of injured and ill student-athletes.
- Administrative duties vital to the function of the Sports Medicine Department will be required and determined based on the qualifications of the successful candidate. These duties will be assigned upon hiring of the successful candidate.
- Perform administrative functions as directed by the Sports Medicine Outreach Manager and/or Medical Director.
- This position works in a creative and collaborative team environment where change is embraced, innovation is encouraged, and conflict resolution behaviors are appropriate.
- Ability to empower leadership.
- Person must be self-directed.
- Must abide by department mission, values, vision statement, and specified goals and objectives.
- Responsible for observing safety, health and sanitation codes, regulations, or practices required by St. Norbert College or governmental authority.
- Must be able to communicate effectively.
- Must be a graduate of an approved Athletic training program and be certified by the National Athletic Trainers Association
- Bachelor`s degree is sufficient but Master`s degree is preferred.
- Wisconsin licensure or eligible for athletic training license.
- CSCS or PES certification is preferred.
- CPR and First Aid Instructor certified is preferred.
- 2+ years experience is recommended.
Typical Physical Demands
Requires full range of body motion including handling and lifting patients, manual and finger dexterity and eye-hand coordination.
Requires standing and walking for prolonged periods of time.
Requires normal visual acuity and hearing.
Requires exposure to communicable disease and bodily fluids.
Requires working under stress in emergency situations or during irregular hours.
Work is both indoors and outdoors in all types of weather. Settings include exam room, training room, and on location with the athletes including the dugout or on the sidelines of the field, gymnasium, or arena.
Must able to assist with or transfer athletes of various weight/heights.
Must be able to push carts with athletic equipment on them.
Must be able to carry training kit and coolers for long distance.
How to Apply:
We have over 1200 reasons for you to consider a career with Prevea Health--they're our employees. We're an organization that values teamwork and provides continuous education, training and support so every member of the team contributes to our success. We offer a competitive salary and benefits package in an environment geared to professional and personal growth. No matter what your background or professional interests are, we think you'll like what we have to offer. Together we are the best place to get care and the best place to give care.
To Apply, please click on the button below and put 19-299 in the "What" box then select "Search For Jobs"
Prevea Health is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer.