Accounts Payable- Hansen Rd
Job Description and Essential Functions
Job Title/Position: Accounts Payable
Job Classification: Administrative/Professional Support
Date of Analysis Date of Revision/Review: 05/2018
Brief Description of Job Responsibilities:
Processes check requests, maintains related file system, and handles check disbursements.
- Processes check requests, including coding vendor and general ledger account numbers on invoices, verifying the matching of invoices to purchase orders and receiving reports, and checking for appropriate purchase authorization.
- Updates and maintains vendor payment files.
- Reconciles vendor invoices and runs control totals on amounts and account numbers.
- Batches invoices and runs control totals on amounts and account numbers.
- Allocates and tracks various disbursements such as construction projects, capital acquisitions, cell phones, etc.
- Selects accounts payable invoices for payment based on clinic policies and processes cash disbursements weekly. Generates immediate payments as needed.
- Generates 1099 and W-0 reporting for the appropriate vendors at the appropriate times.
- Serves as primary backup to Payroll Clerk.
- Handles state sales and use tax reporting.
- Completes vendor credit applications as needed.
- Participates in educational activities.
- Maintains strictest confidentiality.
- Performs related work as required.
- Knowledge of accounts payable practices and medical office procedures. Knowledge of coding and clinic policies on accounts payable.
- Skill in use of computer and calculator.
- Ability to examine documents for accuracy and completeness.
- Ability to prepare records in accordance with detailed instructions.
- Ability to work effectively with co-workers as a team member.
- Ability to communicate clearly.
- High school diploma or GED.
- Two years of experience with accounts payable. Additional appropriate education may be substituted for two years of accounts payable experience.
Non-Essential Duties: Other duties as assigned
Typical Working Conditions:
Normal office environment.
Typical Physical Demands:
Requires sitting for long periods of time working in an office environment. Some bending and stretching required. Working under stress and use of telephone required. Manual dexterity required for use of calculator and computer keyboard. Vision must be correctable to 20/30 and hearing must be within normal range.
In compliance with federal law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the United State and to complete the required employment eligibility document form upon hire. Prevea participates in E-verify. To learn more about E-Verify, including your rights and responsibilities, please visit www.dhs.gov/E-Verify Opens a New Window.
Essential Functions/Physical Demands
Job Title/Position: Accounts Payable
Job Classification: Administrative/ Professional Support
How to Apply:
We have over 1200 reasons for you to consider a career with Prevea Health--they're our employees. We're an organization that values teamwork and provides continuous education, training and support so every member of the team contributes to our success. We offer a competitive salary and benefits package in an environment geared to professional and personal growth. No matter what your background or professional interests are, we think you'll like what we have to offer. Together we are the best place to get care and the best place to give care.
To Apply, please click on the button below and put 18-661 in the "What" box then select "Search For Jobs"
Prevea Health is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer.