Advanced Practice Provider-Hospitalist- Full Time Days
Brief Description of Job Responsibilities:
The Advanced Practice Provider is an advanced practice nurse prepared to evaluate and admit adult medical patients to the hospital and respond to nursing concerns. Prepare hospital discharges for the next day as time allows. The scope of responsibilities includes collaborating and coordinating with physicians and other health professionals regarding clinical practice, education, consultation, research and program development.
(This may not include all duties assigned.)
- Collaborates with attending physician in providing medical care for hospitalized patients.
- Performs comprehensive health assessments for acute and chronic hospitalized patients.
- Assesses and manages care for acute and episodic illnesses and injuries.
- Interviews and advises patient/families regarding health/illness prevention.
- Performs daily patient care and team rounds.
- Provides assessment, evaluation, and management of clients with acute and chronic illnesses.
- Collaborates with patients to determine physiologic, emotional, and environmental needs and priorities.
- Collaborates with case management services to assist patients and families with the discharge arrangements.
- Provides services, which may include the ordering of appropriate diagnostic and laboratory tests, the prescription of
pharmacological agents, and other non-pharmacological treatment modalities.
- Maintains and reviews patient records, charts, and other pertinent information.
- Collaborates with physicians in review of patient`s health records.
- Prepare patient discharges for the next day.
- Attends required department meetings and participates in committees as requested.
- Other appropriate clinical duties as assigned by Director of Hospitalists in accordance with experience.
- Promotes ongoing quality improvement activities.
- Documents in the electronic medical record for all patients.
- Willingness to learn new roles within scope of practice.
- Demonstrates ability to develop and maintain effective working relationships.
- Demonstrate organizational skills that allow timely patient rounds and required follow up.
- Presents a courteous and service oriented image through positive and helpful interaction with patients and families,
physicians and co-workers.
- Participates in APP activities throughout PREVEA and community.
- Participates in community activities.
ADVANCED NURSE PRACTITIONER
- Registered nurse in the State of Wisconsin.
- Graduate of a master`s level nurse practitioner program.
- Certification through ANCC or ANA.
- Certified in the State of Wisconsin as an Advanced Practice Nurse Prescriber or certification eligible, obtaining
certification at the first opportunity.
- Maintains current CPR certification, ACLS certification desirable.
- Emergency or ICU/IMCU nursing medical experience a must.
Non-Essential Duties: Other duties as assigned within scope of practice
Typical Working Conditions:
Possible exposure to communicable diseases, toxic substances, ionizing radiation, medicinal preparations and other conditions common to a hospital and / or a clinic environment. Work involves constant contact with patients. Work may be stressful at times. Interaction with others is constant and interruptive.
Typical Physical Demands:
Requires full range of body motion including handling and lifting patients, manual and finger dexterity and eye-hand coordination. Requires standing and walking for prolonged periods of time. Occasionally lifts and carries weights up to 50 pounds. Requires exposure to communicable disease and bodily fluids. Requires working under stress in emergency situations or during irregular hours. Requires visual acuity correctable to 20/30, ability to differentiate colors, and hearing within normal range.
Position Located In
How to Apply:
We have over 1200 reasons for you to consider a career with Prevea Health--they're our employees. We're an organization that values teamwork and provides continuous education, training and support so every member of the team contributes to our success. We offer a competitive salary and benefits package in an environment geared to professional and personal growth. No matter what your background or professional interests are, we think you'll like what we have to offer. Together we are the best place to get care and the best place to give care.
To Apply, please click on the button below and put 23-077 in the "What" box then select "Search For Jobs"
Prevea Health is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer.