Mammography Technologist- East DePere
This position will work 32 hrs per week
Job Description and Essential Functions
Job Title/Position: Mammography Technologist
Job Classification: Direct Patient Care
Date of Analysis: 7/1/2013 Date of Revision/Review: 10/25/17, 07/2018
Brief Description of Job Responsibilities:
Operate radiologic equipment in making diagnostic x-ray images and perform routine diagnostic procedures.
(This list may not include all of the duties assigned)
- Greet patients and visitors in prompt, courteous and helpful manner.
- Exhibit a professional attitude toward co-workers, supervisors, managers and other department staff.
- Utilize computer programs, EMR and PACS in the performance of job responsibilities.
- Perform equipment QC testing.
- Follow established procedures when taking x-rays -- positioning patients and equipment as required.
- Inform the patients regarding procedures.
- Observe patients` vital signs when in your care.
- Follow the prescribed safety protocols when operating imaging equipment.
- Adjust equipment for correct radiation exposure on an individual patient basis before approving for interpretation.
- Critique images for proper density, contrast, definition, magnification and distortion.
- Release the patients upon completion of exam and direct them to proper area.
- Maintain imaging rooms. Stock necessary medical and radiologic equipment and order supplies through proper channels.
- Clean and make minor adjustments to radiologic equipment.
- Participate in training new employees in equipment operation, patient movement and quality assurance.
- Maintain patient confidentiality.
- Perform related work as required.
- Direct concerns through the proper channels to supervisors and/or manager.
- Knowledge of anatomy, physiology and positioning to sufficiently radiograph the area/areas of interest.
- Knowledge of safety hazards common to radiology including equipment, body mechanics and patient movement.
- Knowledge of clinic and radiology policies.
- Knowledge of current medical terminology.
- Skill in training co-workers in equipment operation and performing technical adjustments.
- Skill in establishing and maintaining effective working relationships with patients, medical staff, and the public.
- Ability to work professionally under pressure.
- Ability to identify problems and inform the supervisors or manager.
- Ability to apply written guidelines and standardize work practices.
- Ability to work independently.
- Graduation from a course in radiologic technology approved by the American Registry of Radiologic Technologists
- Current certification with the American Registry of Radiologic Technologists (ARRT).
- Current license in the State of Wisconsin or credentials to obtain license.
- Mammography experience preferred. Mammography certification is required upon hiring or within agreed upon time frame if required duties include mammography.
Other duties as assigned.
Typical Working Conditions:
- Exposure to communicable diseases, toxic substances, ionizing radiation, medicinal preparations and other conditions common to a clinic environment.
- Flexibility to work different shifts and clinic locations.
Typical Physical Demands:
- Requires manual and finger dexterity and eye-hand coordination for operation and repair of some department equipment.
- Lifts and carries items weighing up to 50 pounds.
- Requires eye sight correctable to 20/30 to operate equipment and critique images.
- Hearing must be within normal range.
In compliance with federal law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the United State and to complete the required employment eligibility document form upon hire. Prevea participates in E-verify. To learn more about E-Verify, including your rights and responsibilities, please visit www.dhs.gov/E-Verify
Essential Functions/Physical Demands
Job Title/Position: Mammography Technologist
Job Classification: Direct Patient Care / Hands-On Patient Care
How to Apply:
We have over 1200 reasons for you to consider a career with Prevea Health--they're our employees. We're an organization that values teamwork and provides continuous education, training and support so every member of the team contributes to our success. We offer a competitive salary and benefits package in an environment geared to professional and personal growth. No matter what your background or professional interests are, we think you'll like what we have to offer. Together we are the best place to get care and the best place to give care.
To Apply, please click on the button below and put 22-336 in the "What" box then select "Search For Jobs"
Prevea Health is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer.