Covid Tester - Eau Claire- Temp
Job Title/Position: COVID ONSITE TESTING SITE
Job Classification: Direct Patient Care / Hands-On Patient Care
Date of Analysis: 8/18/2020
Brief Description of Job Responsibilities:
- Facilitate/perform the gathering of patient information and document accordingly
- Verify order in EPIC patient medical record
- Assist with the preparation of testing kit based on order placed for patient
- Greet patients and prepare them for testing
- Verify patient identity by checking pictured identification or two forms of non-picture ID (example SS card and utility bill with current address)
- Provide patient education based on current Prevea documents and information
- Review process for specimen collection with the patient
- Collect specimen per manufacturer guidelines
- Process point of care specimens as directed and instructed at the collection site.
- Store specimen per manufacturer guidelines post collection until pick up from mobile unit by lab personnel
- Perform related work as required
- Knowledge of principles and skills needed for patient care
- Knowledge of medical collection kits and collection methods per manufacturer guidelines
- Knowledge of common safety hazards and precautions to establish a safe work environment
- Ability to work in a fast paced environment
- Ability to work under stressful or emergency situations with high concentration and energy level
- Ability to communicate clearly
- Must display excellent teamwork
- Must possess skills to effectively solve problems
- Skill in assisting with a variety of mobile site tasks as assigned
- Skill in maintaining patient records per collection schedule
- Skill in establishing and maintaining effective working relationship with patients, medical staff and the public
- Ability to work in various assigned work environments to meet clinic and patient needs
- Ability to be flexible with shifts and work to meet patient/clinic/community needs
- Ability to maintain personal protection equipment for the work assigned
- May require the need to work assigned weekends to cover the needs of the community/mobile testing
- Ability to demonstrate proficiency in collection of nasal swab per manufacturer`s guidelines
- Ability to demonstrate proficiency in point of care processing.
Licensed Practical Nurse/Registered nurse
- Graduation from an accredited school of practical nursing/Associate Degree Nursing or Bachelors in Nursing program
- Valid state license to practice practical nursing/Registered Nursing
- Current CPR certification
Certified Medical Assistant
- Graduation from an accredited school of medical assistant
- Certified or registered Medical Assistant preferred but not required
- Current CPR certification
- If holds other licenses that supersede CMA/RMA license may practice to the highest level of licensure with the approval of Quality Resources in writing. Approval to be kept on file with department supervisor. Employee must maintain licensure to continue working at higher level of service
Athletic trailer/Health Coach/Lab Technician/Radiology Technician/Certified Nursing assistant
- Certification/graduation from a program in job as listed
- Current CPR certification
Previous Experience in the workforce or health care coursework:
Candidates with any workforce experience and/or candidates in school to obtain a credential (nursing, phlebotomy, medical, etc.) are encouraged to apply.
- Must have experience working with customers or patients
- Must have strong communication skills (position will entail giving basic information and performing/explaining test to patients)
- Understand basic principles of infection prevention and hand hygiene
- Must be open to learning and coaching. This position will work with an array of clinical roles.
- High School Diploma, GED, or HSED.
Non-Essential Duties: Other duties as assigned within scope of practice
Typical Physical Demands:
- Requires full range of body motion including handling and lifting patients, manual and finger dexterity and eye-hand coordination. Involves standing and walking.
- Occasionally lifts and carries items weighing up to 50 pounds as needed for patient transfer (with assistance or other staff). Must be able to lift up to 30 pounds of supplies. Requires exposure to bodily fluids.
- Sometimes has to wheelchair patients with a force of up to 70lbs
- Requires visual acuity correctable to 20/30 and hearing within normal range
- Requires exposure to bodily fluids.
Typical Working Conditions:
Combination of medical office and exam/procedure room settings/mobile testing site. Possible exposure to communicable diseases, toxic substances, medicinal preparations and other conditions common to a clinic environment.
Residency Eau Claire-415
How to Apply:
We have over 1200 reasons for you to consider a career with Prevea Health--they're our employees. We're an organization that values teamwork and provides continuous education, training and support so every member of the team contributes to our success. We offer a competitive salary and benefits package in an environment geared to professional and personal growth. No matter what your background or professional interests are, we think you'll like what we have to offer. Together we are the best place to get care and the best place to give care.
To Apply, please click on the button below and put 21-1024 in the "What" box then select "Search For Jobs"
Prevea Health is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer.