CMA/LPN Care Manager- Trauma Surgery- St Vincent
This position will work 30 hrs per week
Job Description and Essential Functions
Job Title/Position: LPN Care Manager
Job Classification: Direct/Indirect Patient Care
Date of Analysis: Date of Revision/Review: 07/2018
Brief Description of Job Responsibilities:
Responsible for coordinating the continuum of care for assigned patients and ensure optimum utilization of resources, excellent service delivery and positive quality outcomes, while minimizing unnecessary medical expenses
(this list may not include all of the duties assigned)
- Implements evidence based treatment guidelines of clinically diagnosed condition
- Prepare chart of assigned patients prior to appointment
- Follow protocols for standing orders for medication refills, ordering tests and delivery of routine preventative services
- Educate patients and families about managing their condition and or disease
- Conduct previsit planning with providers
- Write individual care plan with treatment goals
- Assess patient barriers to unsuccessful outcomes as it relates to medication, appointments and goals
- Coordinate visits with multiple clinicians and or diagnostic tests during one visit
- Determine through triage how soon patients need to be seen
- Provide telephonic advice on clinic issues
- Identify health insurance or financial resources for patients
- Systematically send or communicate medical information to patients
- Review clinical measurements with patients at visits
- Review information from facilities (discharge summary, hospital admission or ER visits) to determine if patients require a follow up visit or who are at risk for adverse outcomes
- Contact patients after discharge from facilities
- Provide or coordinate follow up care to patients/families who have been discharged
- Develop written transion plan in collaboration with family and patients when transitioning to another facility or provider
- Aid in identifying a new primary care physician or specialist or consultant and offer ongoing consultation.
Excellent communication, written and analytical skills.
Manager Job Summary:
Assists the Director in the development, organization, and implementation of the departments` operations Responsibilities for fiscal management, staffing and personnel development, quality improvement, customer service, and department planning The Manager is responsible for assuring the provision of optimal patient care on an ongoing basis Promotes teamwork and provides a supportive environment for staff in the assigned department and other departments that interact with the assigned departments Solicits suggestions for problem solving and process improvement from the staff and providers in the departments Implements solutions to improve department function with consideration of and sensitivity to the impact of other departments and the overall clinic functioning Supervises the day to day operations of the department staff to assure a high level of productivity and customer service. Oversees in conjunction with the Supervisors or PSR Supervisors Analyzes and recommends changes in department processes, systems, and procedures to increase efficiencies in the department Demonstrates strong organizational skills, effective priority setting, and follow through in supervising the staff of the departments Acts as a role model for staff through professional conduct, adhering to the dress code, appropriate communication, excellent customer service skills, and supports management decisions Creates a climate where the staff is empowered and strives to do their best Serves as a resource for the Director Leads with an understanding of the philosophy of a physician owned clinic Oversees the purchasing of supplies Reviews budget and monitors variances on a monthly basis Works with the Director and department to develop an appropriate action plan for variances Collaborates with the Director to develop an annual department budget Monitors staffing schedules Analyzes and interprets financial data, and initiates suggestions to improve department productivity Participates in the clinic`s continuous quality improvement programs Plans and coordinates all necessary services with staff and other departments to meet patient needs Assists the Director in strategic planning for the departments
- LPN with current Wisconsin license.
- Minimum of three years in clinic setting.
- Prefer specialty or primary care with EMR experience.
- Excellent assessment skills
Non-Essential Duties: Other duties as assigned within scope of practice
Typical Working Conditions:. Combination of medical office and exam/procedure room settings. Possible exposure to communicable diseases, toxic substances, medicinal preparations and other conditions common to a clinic environment.
Typical Physical Demands: Requires full range of body motion including handling and lifting patients, manual and finger dexterity and eye-hand coordination. Requires standing and walking for prolonged periods of time. Occasionally lifts and carries weights up to 100 pounds. Requires normal visual acuity and hearing. Requires exposure to communicable disease and bodily fluids. Requires working under stress in emergency situations or during irregular hours.
In compliance with federal law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the United State and to complete the required employment eligibility document form upon hire. Prevea participates in E-verify. To learn more about E-Verify, including your rights and responsibilities, please visit www.dhs.gov/E-Verify
LPN Care Manager-MHMGR
How to Apply:
We have over 1200 reasons for you to consider a career with Prevea Health--they're our employees. We're an organization that values teamwork and provides continuous education, training and support so every member of the team contributes to our success. We offer a competitive salary and benefits package in an environment geared to professional and personal growth. No matter what your background or professional interests are, we think you'll like what we have to offer. Together we are the best place to get care and the best place to give care.
To Apply, please click on the button below and put 21-141 in the "What" box then select "Search For Jobs"
Prevea Health is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer.