Accountant (Accounts Payable)- Hansen
Job Description and Essential Functions
Job Title/Position: Accountant (Accounts Payable)
Job Classification: Administrative/Professional Support
Date of Analysis: Date of Revision/Review: 3/2020
Brief Description of Job Responsibilities:
Oversees a variety of accounting processes in Prevea`s Finance Department, with a primary focus on the analysis of the accounts payable function.
(This list may not include all of the duties assigned)
- Prepare assigned journal entries and account reconciliations.
- Perform various analyses and prepare relevant management reports.
- Maintain the accounts payable and expense reporting system applications, including working directly with third party application administrators.
- Serve as a liaison between the IT department and third party application administrators.
- Oversee the accounts payable function.
- Provide backup for the accounts payable clerks.
- Review accuracy of coding, classifications, allocations and posting.
- Prepare batch check runs, wire transfers, and ACH transactions.
- Process employee expense reimbursements, including verification of receipts and coding.
- Maintain CME spreadsheets integral to the provider compensation system.
- Prepare miscellaneous invoices and monitor collection of payments.
- Responsible for IRS 1099 compliance and reporting.
- Handles sales tax and use tax reporting.
- Support annual financial audits and other external audits.
- Responsible for imaging and record retention of all accounts payable documents.
- Ensure all accounts payable policies and procedures are adhered to including travel and related expenses, vendor approval and invoice processing.
- Ensure the application of internal controls is effectively in place and performing as planned.
- Partner with Director of Finance to identify and implement process improvements.
- Participate in educational activities to maintain compliance with various regulatory bodies.
- Build effective relationships.
- Maintain strictest confidentiality.
- Perform related work as required.
- Knowledge of accounts payable procedures.
- Ability to examine documents for accuracy and completeness.
- Ability to maintain effective working relationships and work as a team member.
- Strong communication and organizational skills.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office products, particularly Excel.
- Computer and calculator experience.
- Minimum of five years of experience in the area of Finance is required.
- Accounting and Information Technology technical experience.
- Associate degree in Business Administration or Accounting.
Typical Working Conditions:
Normal office environment. Occasional weekend work and some irregular hours.
Typical Physical Demands:
Requires sitting for long periods of time in an office environment. Requires some standing, stooping, or bending. Working under stress and use of telephone required. Manual dexterity required for use of calculator and computer keyboard. Requires normal range of vision and hearing.
In compliance with federal law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the United State and to complete the required employment eligibility document form upon hire. Prevea participates in E-verify. To learn more about E-Verify, including your rights and responsibilities, please visit www.dhs.gov/E-Verify
How to Apply:
We have over 1200 reasons for you to consider a career with Prevea Health--they're our employees. We're an organization that values teamwork and provides continuous education, training and support so every member of the team contributes to our success. We offer a competitive salary and benefits package in an environment geared to professional and personal growth. No matter what your background or professional interests are, we think you'll like what we have to offer. Together we are the best place to get care and the best place to give care.
To Apply, please click on the button below and put 20-114 in the "What" box then select "Search For Jobs"
Prevea Health is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer.