Athletic Trainer - UWGB
Licensed Athletic Trainer -- Green Bay Athletics
THE MISSION STATEMENT
To take care of people with passion, pride, and respect.
OVERALL EXPECTATIONS STATEMENT
Providing exceptional care for our patients as well as recognizing the value of your co-workers is the expectation of all members of the Prevea Clinic organization. All members are expected to focus on the patient`s needs; relate to all in a friendly, accepting manner; communicate in a positive and professional way to patients and co workers; use time effectively and efficiently; and demonstrate an overall high level of performance.
This position is a 12 month, full time appointment. The candidate will be responsible for full-time athletic training duties at UW-Green Bay for Green Bay Phoenix Athletics while working as part of the Prevea Health Sports Medicine team. Staff includes 5 licensed athletic trainers, 2 strength coaches, and involved Team Physicians. The position will provide opportunities to work in a competitive NCAA Division 1 setting that uses patient-centered care principles, while working as part of a committed health care team providing service, care, and support for our Student-Athletes and each other.
MAJOR RESPONSIBILITIES (this list may not include all of the duties assigned)
- Provide Athletic Training services within Green Bay Athletics, providing patient centered care to all student-athletes.
- Serve as the primary Athletic Trainer for Men`s Soccer, including injury and illness evaluation, treatments, rehabilitation, referrals, maintaining timely/accurate medical records, coordinate medical care following physician`s plan of care.
- Position provides onsite practice coverage, event coverage, and team travel.
- Position will require night, weekend and holiday coverage.
- Serve as the primary Athletic Trainer for Men`s & Women`s Nordic Ski and Men`s & Women`s Golf
- Practice coverage or travel coverage is not provided for these teams.
- Serve as a secondary Athletic Trainer for moderate- and/or low-risk sports, providing support to the primary Athletic Trainer in the form of occasional patient care and rehabilitation, as well as occasional practice and event coverage.
- Act as the appropriate medical contact and coordinate medical care for all assigned teams and established student-athlete patients.
- Provide general coverage for the Athletic Training Room during posted hours.
- Assist in coverage for practices, workouts, and events taking place around the Kress Events Center.
- Provide appropriate Athletic Training Room management, including but not limited to proper supply use, inventory, cleaning, and facility maintenance.
- Appropriately report injuries, illnesses, and referrals to the Medical Director and/or Head Athletic Trainer.
- Effectively communicate with program coaches and strength & conditioning staff regarding participation status and limitations of injured and ill student-athletes while complying with HIPAA standards.
- Serve as liaison between the Sports Medicine Department and other medical services within Green Bay Sports Medicine and Prevea Sports Medicine.
- Perform administrative functions or roles as directed by the Head Athletic Trainer, Sports Medicine Manager or Medical Director.
- Work under the provisions of the position description for Green Bay Athletics Staff Athletic Trainer.
- This position works in a creative and collaborative team environment where change is embraced, innovation is encouraged, and conflict resolution behaviors are appropriate.
PERFORMANCE REQUIREMENTS (Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities)
Ability to empower leadership. Person must be self-directed. Must abide by department and clinic mission, values, vision statements and specified goals and objectives. Must be able to communicate effectively.
Upholds the University of Wisconsin-Green Bay Staff Athletic Trainer position description put forth by UWGB and Prevea Health for an Outreach Setting.
- Certified Athletic Trainer by the Board of Certification, in good standing.
- Wisconsin Licensed Athletic Trainer or eligible.
- CPR and AED certified.
- Post-graduate Collegiate setting experience required, with a minimum of 3 years of experience working in NCAA Division 1 collegiate setting preferred
- Experience in providing successful outcomes for post-surgical and non-surgical orthopedic rehabilitation.
- Ability to effectively communicate with Student-Athletes, Athletic Trainers, Coaches, Physicians, Administrators, parents and other Allied Health Care professionals working with UW-Green Bay Student-Athletes.
- Ability to successfully coordinate a multi-faceted plan of care for injured or ill Student-Athletes as dictated by standard protocols / procedures and physician`s orders.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Demonstrate the ability to work within and contribute to a team setting of Athletic Trainers, Coaches, and Student-Athletes.
Other duties as assigned.
How to Apply:
We have over 1200 reasons for you to consider a career with Prevea Health--they're our employees. We're an organization that values teamwork and provides continuous education, training and support so every member of the team contributes to our success. We offer a competitive salary and benefits package in an environment geared to professional and personal growth. No matter what your background or professional interests are, we think you'll like what we have to offer. Together we are the best place to get care and the best place to give care.
To Apply, please click on the button below and put 20-104 in the "What" box then select "Search For Jobs"
Prevea Health is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer.