Requisition Id 1069
Pay Band: Associate Technical Staff Member, Band 2
The Data Driven Modeling and Analysis Team within the Computational Sciences and Engineering Division at the Oak Ridge National Laboratory is seeking a dynamic data engineers passionate about joining an interdisciplinary team of computer scientists, mathematicians, and engineers. You will have the opportunity to work on some of the most challenging and impactful research and development programs in healthcare informatics, bioinformatics, and computer science.
Major Duties and Responsibilities:
As a Data Engineer you will be responsible for:
- Contribute to the development of the high-scale, robust data warehouses, and data lakes with special focus on the state-of-the-art solutions for healthcare, lifesciences, and genomics.
- Interface with research teams to understand data needs, and providing support to research teams, and other team members about the data models, query optimizations, and schema interpretation.
- Contribute to the design, building and launching of new data/study marts for the major national research programs.
- Contribute to the design, building and launching of new data quality, data extraction, transformation and loading processes.
- Contribute to the design and development of architectures for intake, curation, organization, and dissemination of data in support of data science and related disciplines.
- Contribute to the development of high-performance database architectures.
- Research and Evaluate state-of-the-art data and information management technologies.
- Work on a variety of data assignments; collaborating with scientists and engineers, to produce reliable data products and systems.
- Work in both classified and unclassified settings and on a wide variety of applied areas.
- B.S. in Computer Science, Information Systems, Engineering, or closely related field and 2+ years of relevant experience.
- Previous experience in database design and development.
- M.S degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, Engineering, or related field.
- A minimum of 2 years of experience in basic and advanced SQL, database programming, and scripting languages (Python preferred).
- Previous knowledge of data warehousing systems, with at least 2 years of database system administration experience.
- Experience with SQL Server is strongly preferred.
- Experience in designing analytics data systems (OLTP, etc.).
- Familiarity with Big Data and NoSQL architectures.
- Demonstrated experience with collecting, organizing, storing, and preparing data analysis.
- Ability to conduct tasks independently and communicate effectively to team members and stakeholders.
- Experience with heath care informatics, and clinical data is highly desired.
ORNL Ethics and Conduct:
As a member of the ORNL scientific community, you will be expected to commit to ORNL`s Research Code of Conduct. Our full code of conduct, and a statement by the Lab Director`s office can be found here: https://www.ornl.gov/content/research-integrity
Benefits at ORNL:
UT Battelle offers an exceptional benefits package to include matching 401K, Pension Plan, Paid Vacation and Medical / Dental plan. Onsite amenities include Credit Union, Medical Clinic and free Fitness facilities.
Moving is stressful and expensive, and UT Battelle offers a wide range of relocation benefits for individuals and families to make it easier to come and work here. If you are invited to interview, please ask your Recruiter about relocating with ORNL.
This position will remain open for a minimum of 5 days after which it will close when a qualified candidate is identified and/or hired.
We accept Word (.doc, .docx), Adobe (unsecured .pdf), Rich Text Format (.rtf), and HTML (.htm, .html) up to 5MB in size. Resumes from third party vendors will not be accepted; these resumes will be deleted and the candidates submitted will not be considered for employment.
If you have trouble applying for a position, please email THIS EMAIL .
ORNL is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants, including individuals with disabilities and protected veterans, are encouraged to apply. UT-Battelle is an E-Verify employer.