Requisition Id 1131
We have an opening for a Construction Field Representative in support of the Laboratory Modernization Division (LMD) at the Oak Ridge National Laboratory (ORNL).
We are the largest US Department of Energy science and energy laboratory, conducting basic and applied research to deliver transformative solutions to compelling problems in energy and security. Our diverse capabilities span a broad spectrum of scientific and engineering disciplines, enabling the Laboratory to explore fundamental science challenges and to carry out the research needed to accelerate the delivery of solutions to the marketplace.
The Construction Field Representative (CFR) will provide planning and coordination Services for various Tenant Improvement Projects at Building 5300, 5600, 5700, and 5800 at ORNL.
Duties & Responsibilities:
The duties of the position will include:
- Conduct daily inspections of all active construction sites. The inspections will be focused on the following items: 1. Compliance with TDEC and ORNL environmental regulations 2. Safety compliance with OSHA and ORNL requirements 3. Compliance with construction drawings and specifications, and general quality control 4. Progress monitoring towards schedule milestones 5. Identification of potential changes to contract scope
- Provide oversight of contractors to confirm the project goals and customer satisfaction are being met. This will include confirming that all waste streams are recycled or disposed of in accordance with the LEED plan for the project.
- Witness acceptance testing as required in specs (pressure tests, concrete tests, load bank testing, Commissioning). Duties would include transmitting test reports to project record file.
- Coordinate City of Oak Ridge permitting process. Ensure contractors have required construction permits from the City, and final City inspections occur. Copies of the Occupancy Permits from the city will be transmitted to the project file.
- Meet with building tenants to determine project scope for new tenant improvement projects. Develop SOW documents for procurement purposes, and review contractor proposals to determine if price and scope are reasonable.
- Perform structural and civil engineering design services as needed for support of tenant improvement construction projects. Services will include review of contractor design submittals, constructability reviews, and design services in support of construction change orders.
- Assist in preparation of planning documents including schedules, site master plans, and move planning documents.
- Assist in preparation of excavation and penetration permits including field verifications and incorporating as-built drawing revisions with ORNL ATLAS system.
- Assist in preparing outages and planning successful missions with multi-disciplined stake holders.
- Bachelors Degree in Engineering or Construction Management
- A minimum of two years experience in construction management of infrastructure construction, installation, start-up, testing and commissioning or an equivalent combination of education and experience
- Experience performing constructability reviews, options analysis, and conceptual engineering for field construction conditions not anticipated during project design including civil/structural, piping, and electrical issues;
- Experience in coordination of complex infrastructure construction work in sensitive research facility settings including computer room, energy plants and utility rooms, research laboratory spaces, data visualization studios, etc.
- Experience working with business systems and management controls at ORNL. The level of support required will be as directed by the requester.
This position will remain open for a minimum of 5 days after which it will close when a qualified candidate is identified and/or hired.
We accept Word (.doc, .docx), Adobe (unsecured .pdf), Rich Text Format (.rtf), and HTML (.htm, .html) up to 5MB in size. Resumes from third party vendors will not be accepted; these resumes will be deleted and the candidates submitted will not be considered for employment.
If you have trouble applying for a position, please email THIS EMAIL .
ORNL is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants, including individuals with disabilities and protected veterans, are encouraged to apply. UT-Battelle is an E-Verify employer.