Requisition Id 1169
Responsible for developing and maintaining ORNL procurement practices and maintaining a DOE approved procurement system is in place. Ensures the Procurement Operating Practices are consistent with DOE M&O Contract, applicable regulations, DOE Orders, DOE Acquisition Letters, and sound businesses practices. Develops and maintains the company level procurement procedure and reviews/comments on other company level procedures. Participates in development and implementation of automated business systems. Trains staff on procurement related topics.
- Maintain ORNL procurement`s compliance reporting system including the procurement aspects of Balanced Scorecard which covers subcontract file reviews, acquisition cycle-time, extent of competition, cost savings/avoidance, customer and employee satisfaction.
- Participates in development and implementation of automated business systems (SAP) processes, including understanding the needs of the procurement function and, with the assistance of information systems personnel, determines the best method of adapting the automated business system to accomplish those processes. Implements the modification of the automated business system by performing quality development tests. Makes the decisions which modifications are appropriate and will accomplish the need. Provides training on the modification implementation to other professional and non-professional staff.
- Develops and maintains procurement internal forms, external forms and special articles. Determines when additional forms/articles are needed or existing documents require revision. Determines what changes are needed and implements the changed documents. Provides training on the modification implementation to other professional and non-professional staff.
- Consult and advise ORNL procurement regarding subcontract provisions, terms and conditions and exceptions taken by vendors, procurement planning, source selection, vendor concerns, negotiation strategy and vendor performance.
- Assists in determining what data is needed or can be extracted from the SAP ERP and other business systems to fulfill DOE contract requirements and ORNL business management needs. Assists and developing the format and data gathering functions to accomplish such requirements and performs quality assurance on such data to determine of those needs are being accomplished.
- As needed, purchases equipment, services, and supplies necessary for attainment of organizational objectives, and the responsibility for committing the Laboratory in substantial respects financially and otherwise in connection with such acquisitions.
- Responsible for developing and implementing ORNL procurement training program including actual training duties as needed.
- Develop and maintain basic and special reports and presentations regarding procurement activity, status and business management data.
Successful candidate should have a Bachelor`s degree in business, engineering or technically related field plus 10 years of relevant experience or an equivalent combination of education and related work experience. Must understand cost/price structures and have excellent skills in business automation systems. Must have good communication skills, personal computer skills (Microsoft, Excel, and PowerPoint), and an understanding of technical terminology is required. Ability to effectively and accurately interpret, communicate, and organize procedural program required. A strong knowledge of Federal Acquisition Regulations and Department of Energy Acquisition Regulations is considered a plus.
Work Direction and Interfaces: Report to the Manager, Procurement Compliance, Contracts Division.
This position will remain open for a minimum of 5 days after which it will close when a qualified candidate is identified and/or hired.
We accept Word (.doc, .docx), Adobe (unsecured .pdf), Rich Text Format (.rtf), and HTML (.htm, .html) up to 5MB in size. Resumes from third party vendors will not be accepted; these resumes will be deleted and the candidates submitted will not be considered for employment.
If you have trouble applying for a position, please email THIS EMAIL .
ORNL is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants, including individuals with disabilities and protected veterans, are encouraged to apply. UT-Battelle is an E-Verify employer.