Requisition Id 1053
The Financial Management Applications Group in the Information Technology Services Division (ITSD) in the Business Services Directorate at the Oak Ridge National Laboratory (ORNL) is seeking qualified applicants for a Business Intelligence Architect/Analyst/Developer position.
Architect/Analyst/Developer to design, develop and support Business Intelligence and Analytics activities at ORNL.
This position will provide support for ORNLs data warehouse and Business Intelligence activities which potentially cover all areas of corporate data (business, human capital management, facilities, operations, and research). ORNLs business intelligence cubes, models and analytics are heavily centered on Microsoft SQL Server and SAP HANA technologies.
Primary duties for this position will include:
- Analysis of emerging trends and technologies to provide recommendations for roadmaps and BI strategy.
- Collaboration with business and scientific/technical stakeholders to understand needs.
- Collaboration with other DOE labs and private sector companies to understand capabilities.
- Development and implementation of master data management strategy to include implementation of measures to ensure data accuracy, cleanliness, consolidation and accessibility.
- Development, planning, support, design, modification and testing of data warehouse cubes, models, dimensions, measures, views and reports utilizing Microsoft SQL Server and SAP HANA technologies.
- Development and support of corporate reports and dashboards utilizing PowerBI and/or SharePoint.
- Development of solutions using PowerShell, R, Python, DAX and other scripts and languages.
- Development of solutions to extract, transfer and load data to/from a data bus
- Adherence to ORNL and ITSD software quality assurance standards and ITIL best practices
- Support of and adherence to ORNL and ITSD project management requirements
Additional duties for this position may include
- Development, support and modification of Financial Management programs and web applications written using various technologies and frameworks (e.g., C#, C++, AngularJS, node.js, Sencha extJS, jQuery, Bootstrap, SAP ABAP, and others)
- Development and support of data warehouse technologies beyond the worlds of Microsoft SQL Server and SAP HANA
Minimum Qualifications Required:
This position requires a bachelors degree in Computer Science, Computer Information Systems, Management Information Systems, Business Analytics or other technical field with evidence of real-world Microsoft SQL Server data warehouse development experience including design and development of cubes and models. Preference will made for persons with advanced degrees and/or multiple years of experience.
The candidate must be a highly-motivated, self-starter who is comfortable working as part of a team (in any capacity) or as an independent contributor. The candidate must
- demonstrate a strong emphasis in meeting customer and end-user needs
- demonstrate excellent written and verbal communications skills.
- demonstrate client-facing skills, strong analytical thinking, and attention to detail
- demonstrate proven abilities to take initiative and be innovative
- have an analytical mind with a problem-solving aptitude
- demonstrate proven experience as a BI Developer or Data Scientist
- demonstrate real-world experience using Microsoft SQL Server development technologies
- demonstrate an interest in learning technologies beyond BI (e.g., SAP ABAP development)
Skills and experience in the following areas:
- In-depth understanding of ETL (extract, transform, load) framework
- In-depth understanding of multidimensional and tabular modelling
- Experience using SQL Server Database engine (SSMS), SQL Server Reporting Services (SSRS), SQL Server Integration Services (SSIS), and SQL Server Analysis Services (SSAS)
- Experience using Microsoft Visual Studio
- Experience with BI and visualization technologies to represent complex data models to drive business transparency and support decision making
- Experience with big data and non-SQL (i.e., noSQL) databases is a bonus
- Knowledge of current ORNL business processes and applications (or similar) is a bonus
- Knowledge of Microsoft SharePoint technologies is a bonus
- Knowledge of C#.NET, ASP.NET, R, Python or other traditional coding is a bonus
- Knowledge of SAP HANA reporting and modelling is a bonus
- Knowledge of SAP ABAP technologies is a bonus
This position will remain open for a minimum of 5 days after which it will close when a qualified candidate is identified and/or hired.
We accept Word (.doc, .docx), Adobe (unsecured .pdf), Rich Text Format (.rtf), and HTML (.htm, .html) up to 5MB in size. Resumes from third party vendors will not be accepted; these resumes will be deleted and the candidates submitted will not be considered for employment.
If you have trouble applying for a position, please email THIS EMAIL .
ORNL is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants, including individuals with disabilities and protected veterans, are encouraged to apply. UT-Battelle is an E-Verify employer.