Requisition Id 727
Oak Ridge National Laboratory seeks a Cloud Operations Engineer to join our team in support of a high-profile federal regulatory program. This position will reside within the Data Systems Sciences and Engineering Group in the Computing and Computational Sciences Directorate.
In this role, you will be providing operations support for a high-profile regulatory programs systems in the Amazon Cloud (AWS) and researching cloud-based web services utilizing machine learning that can be used to enhance operational support of the cloud environment.
More information on the DSSE Group may be found at, https://csmd.ornl.gov/group/data-systems-sciences-engineering.
Major Duties and Responsibilities:
- Design monitoring tools in the cloud environment that can identify potential failures before they occur.
- Assist with the design of the cloud environment so that it provides the necessary redundancy and scaling capabilities.
- Conduct research into improving cloud operations and monitoring by utilizing machine learning cloud-based services.
- Provide periodic reports to sponsor.
- Work after hours as required.
- Bachelors degree in computer science, mathematics, or a related field and 2+ years of related experience.
- This position requires the ability to obtain and maintain a clearance from the Department of Energy. As such, this position is a Workplace Substance Abuse (WSAP) testing designated position. WSAP positions require passing a pre-placement drug test and participation in an ongoing random drug testing program.
- Basic understanding of AWS cloud technologies.
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills.
- The ability to function as part of a team.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
Benefits at ORNL:
UT Battelle offers an exceptional benefits package to include matching 401K, Pension Plan, Paid Vacation and Medical / Dental plan. Onsite amenities include Credit Union, Medical Clinic and free Fitness facilities.
UT Battelle offers a wide range of relocation benefits for individuals and families to make it easier to come and work here. If you are invited to interview, please ask your Recruiter about relocating with ORNL.
This position will remain open for a minimum of 5 days after which it will close when a qualified candidate is identified and/or hired.
We accept Word (.doc, .docx), Adobe (unsecured .pdf), Rich Text Format (.rtf), and HTML (.htm, .html) up to 5MB in size. Resumes from third party vendors will not be accepted; these resumes will be deleted and the candidates submitted will not be considered for employment.
If you have trouble applying for a position, please email THIS EMAIL .
ORNL is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants, including individuals with disabilities and protected veterans, are encouraged to apply. UT-Battelle is an E-Verify employer.