Job Location: Oak Ridge, TN, US, 37830
Requisition Id 811
The Transformational Challenge Reactor (TCR) program at Oak Ridge National Laboratory seeks to hire an Administrative Assistant. The incumbent is responsible for helping the program office run smoothly by coordinating administrative activities, collecting and entering data, developing reports, and performing a wide variety of administrative functions in support of the program director, as well as the TCR program team.
- Prepare operating procedures, correspondence, reports, and presentation materials according to ORNL guidelines and via various computer software packages (primarily Microsoft Office).
- Review all signature items (both hardcopy and electronic) for accuracy and completeness and request revisions as necessary.
- Assure that all procedures, reports and presentations are grammatically correct and conform to appropriate standards and contain authorized signatures; correspondence should be carefully proofread and revised as needed before obtaining final signatures.
- Review documents from other personnel for accuracy, interact with personnel at all organizational levels to gather information to prepare correspondence, reports, and presentations.
- Assist in collecting, updating and tracking various reports and financial packages as needed.
- Input and retrieve data using established standard procedures and programs.
- Coordinate and prepare domestic and international travel requests including reservations, conference registration, transportation, and expense settlement according to ORNL guidelines.
- Plan and coordinate on-site and off-site meetings, workshops, conferences and related services.
- Assist in communication with attendees and coordinate with the conference office utilizing ORNL guidelines.
- Maintain consistent, reliable work schedule during core hours to meet needs of staff.
- Maintain a professional office atmosphere; Greet and receive visitors (in person and over the phone) in a businesslike, courteous manner, while exercising discretions with confidential matters; establish and maintain effective working relationships with internal staff members and external contacts.
- Create, implement, and maintain filing systems and databases as required, and keep filing current for TCR Program Director.
- Manage the Directors calendar and review Directors e-mail.
- Work on multiple tasks in a limited amount of time in a fast-paced environment.
- Set priorities appropriately, anticipate needs and requests, and be able to meet changing deadlines.
- Maintain DOE directives/standards and training requirements.
Qualifications Required: A minimum of five years administrative experience and a high school diploma are required. The candidate must be highly proficient in computer systems and software applications Microsoft Office/Outlook experience, PowerPoint, and Excel are required (SharePoint and Access desirable), as well as working knowledge of administrative policies/procedures and excellent attention to detail. The candidate must also have strong communication skills, both verbal and written, including excellent grammar, punctuation and spelling. The candidate must be proactive, self-directed and able to communicate effectively with team members, have a strong work ethic, be capable of taking initiative, and the proven ability to consistently deliver quality work in a high-paced and dynamic work environment.
This position requires the ability to obtain and maintain a Department of Energy Q security clearance.
Qualifications Preferred: An Associate`s degree is preferred, as well as experience dealing with various personalities and backgrounds in a multi-level, multi-disciplinary, scientific environment. Experience with the following systems is desirable:
- SAP (maintain and audit data, information and transactions)
- PAS (process visit passes or assignments for U.S. and non-U.S. citizens and guests)
- Adobe Acrobat
- Market Place (order supplies through purchase orders and purchase requisitions)
- ePLAN (input for Field Work Proposals)
- PALS (input work and absence hours for group in absence or on travel)
- TRAVx (complete travel reservations and expenses)
- ePROP (property Management System)
- UCAMS (request/change access to ORNL computer systems)
- SAP GUI (Budget tracking)
- Bluejeans, Go To Meeting, etc. (Video conference tools)
- ACTS (Track and coordinate assessments in ACTS)
This position will remain open for a minimum of 5 days after which it will close when a qualified candidate is identified and/or hired.
We accept Word (.doc, .docx), Adobe (unsecured .pdf), Rich Text Format (.rtf), and HTML (.htm, .html) up to 5MB in size. Resumes from third party vendors will not be accepted; these resumes will be deleted and the candidates submitted will not be considered for employment.
If you have trouble applying for a position, please email THIS EMAIL .
ORNL is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants, including individuals with disabilities and protected veterans, are encouraged to apply. UT-Battelle is an E-Verify employer.
Oak Ridge National Laboratory
ORNL is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants, including individuals with disabilities and protected veterans, are encouraged to apply. UT-Battelle is an E-verify Employer.