Requisition Id 668
Seeking a highly motivated mid-career professional with interests in developing, demonstrating, and qualifying predictive simulation software for nuclear thermal hydraulics and safety applications through leveraging high-fidelity computational fluid dynamics (CFD), reduced-order thermal hydraulic models, and advanced data analytics. The position provides the opportunity to collaborate with world-class expertise in these technical areas and includes the support of extensive computing and experimental facilities and personnel.
Major Duties/ Responsibilities
- Develop new thermal hydraulics R&D programs that effectively integrate existing research teams and portfolios
- Establish a next-generation multiscale thermal hydraulics analysis capability
- Work with experienced thermal hydraulic engineers with deep domain expertise to develop advanced thermal hydraulic methods and to apply high performance computing (HPC) resources to help resolve problems of national importance
- Lead efforts to align existing thermal hydraulic programs and define future paths for thermal hydraulic development and analysis
- Leverage a strong history of successful innovation in numerical methods and parallel software development to identify and implement state-of-the-art solutions to the most complex thermal/fluid problems
- Propose, lead, and publish innovative new thermal hydraulic R&D
- Strong fundamental understanding of multiphase fluid flow and heat transfer phenomena
- Experience in closure model development, model validation, software implementation, and software quality assurance
- Experience in advanced model calibration methods and artificial intelligence (AI)-based data integration methods
- Experience working on large-scale parallel computational platforms and proficiency in common scientific programming languages such as C, C++, or Fortran90/95 and parallel programming paradigms, as well as HPC middleware and languages such as OpenMP, MPI, CUDA or OpenCL
Benefits at ORNL: UT-Battelle offers a quality benefits package, including a matching 401(k), contributory pension plan, paid vacation, and medical/dental plan options. Onsite amenities include a credit union, medical clinic, cafeteria, coffee stands, and fitness facilities.
Relocation: Moving can be overwhelming and expensive. UT-Battelle offers a generous relocation package to ease the transition process. Domestic and international relocation assistance is available for certain positions. If invited to interview, be sure to ask your Recruiter (Talent Acquisition Partner) for details.
For more information about our benefits, working here, and living here, visit the About tab at jobs.ornl.gov
This position will remain open for a minimum of 5 days after which it will close when a qualified candidate is identified and/or hired.
We accept Word (.doc, .docx), Adobe (unsecured .pdf), Rich Text Format (.rtf), and HTML (.htm, .html) up to 5MB in size. Resumes from third party vendors will not be accepted; these resumes will be deleted and the candidates submitted will not be considered for employment.
If you have trouble applying for a position, please email THIS EMAIL .
ORNL is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants, including individuals with disabilities and protected veterans, are encouraged to apply. UT-Battelle is an E-Verify employer.