NWTC is seeking to build a pool of part-time instructors/trainers. Part-Time Instructors are an integral part of the Colleges staff, helping us provide all learners with the highest quality learning opportunities when, where and how they want it.
Upon successful submission of your application, you will be considered for future opportunities. NWTC will keep your application in our files as a POTENTIAL candidate who could possibly fill a position when or if the need arises.
LOCATION: Green Bay, WI
HOURS: NWTC is looking for a pool of individuals to draw upon as needed; class times will vary.
SALARY: $39.00 per class hour contracted with flexibility based on experience
POSITION REPORTS TO: Manager, Corporate Training & Economic Development
Required online application available on website: www.nwtc.edu/jobs
Location: Northeast Wisconsin Technical College, Human Resources, 2740 West Mason Street, Green Bay, WI 54307-9042. All postings are considered current and available until removed from the website.
This position is customer-focused and will require flexible scheduling and/or delivery to meet customer needs.
GENERAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
NWTC is seeking experienced OSHA Safety Trainers to deliver high-impact training and technical assistance to area businesses. Responsibilities include:
- Based on business needs, identify and develop safety training strategies.
- Plan, prepare, and execute training strategies by facilitating classes, providing technical assistance, and/or individual coaching.
- Work collaboratively with employers to ensure the curriculum and learning outcomes prepare employees/students for success at work.
- Determine the appropriate tools, techniques, methodologies and timing of improvement activities to meet business objectives.
- Develop customized participant training materials, active learning activities and events.
- Deliver customized safety and OSHA courses.
- Manage classroom and shop/lab to ensure a productive and safe learning environment.
- Work closely with business leadership to develop key performance measurements.
Additional Duties and Responsibilities:
- Strong organizational skills, interpersonal skills, teamwork, and ability to prioritize multiple tasks while remaining customer-focused
- Ability to work independently, remain flexible in a fast-paced environment, and handle customer issues in a timely manner.
- Must provide current OSHA Outreach Instructor Authorization Card.
- Certification to train the following courses: OSHA 10- and 30-hour courses, as well as OSHA 500 and 501 courses.
- At least two years of direct occupational experience.
- At a minimum, occupational experience has to have occurred at least two year within the last five years.
- Must hold a valid drivers license and be insurable under the Districts standard insurance policy terms.
- Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint
- Competency in adult-focused learning.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS: The physical demands described are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of the job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the instructor will be exposed to normal office conditions and usual office equipment such as telephone, personal computer, printers/copiers, videos, overhead projects, and general tools of the trade. The employee will be constantly required to sit, talk, hear, and type/write. The employee will be frequently required to stand, walk, touch/handle/grasp (using hands and fingers), and reach with hands and arms. The employee must occasionally bend or squat and lift and/or push up to 10 pounds of general office items. Some instructor positions may be exposed to outdoors, fumes, noises, extreme temperatures, confined spaces and heights. Some instructor positions require driving a vehicle. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close, far, sharpness of vision, and field of vision.
All application materials are only accepted online: resumes, cover letters, transcripts, etc., must be attached to the application at the time of submission. You are unable to go back after an application is submitted to add, delete or change any information, other than address, phone number, and e-mail.
NWTC does not discriminate on the basis of age, race, color, disability, sex, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin or other protected classes.
How To Apply:
Required online application available on website:
Click Here to Apply
Northeast Wisconsin Technical College
2740 West Mason Street
Green Bay, WI 54307-9042
All postings are considered current and available until removed from the website
Northeast Wisconsin Technical College is committed to promoting a learning environment where employees and students of differing perspectives and cultural backgrounds pursue career and academic goals embraced in an environment of respect and shared inquiry.