WORKSITE: Oconto, Wisconsin
Provide credit management counseling and in-depth budget counseling to clients. Perform outreach efforts to raise visibility, and garner financial support for program. Provide agency intake support and manage the Representative Payee Program.
- Adhere to agency policy and procedures.
- Perform duties as workload necessitates.
- Maintain a positive and respectful attitude.
- Communicate regularly with supervisor.
- Demonstrate flexible and efficient time management and ability to prioritize workload.
- Consistently report to work on time prepared to perform duties of position.
- Meet productivity standards.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Financial Capabilities Program
- Provide budget counseling and credit/debt management counseling to clients.
- Assess client’s overall financial picture and determine an action plan to gain control of finances, manage debt, and meet necessary goals.
- Maintain knowledge of credit/debt management procedures and options, as well as budget counseling techniques, foreclosure intervention practices, loan modification and refinancing options, and medical and insurance debt procedures.
- Create relationships with community realtors to familiarize them with Newcap programs.
- Create relationships with community banks to garner support for Newcap programs.
- Assist with student loan modifications and offer budgeting solutions.
- Take calls from clients in need of agency programs, ask screening/qualification questions.
- Refer to appropriate agencies or begin application process by sending application packet.
- Process applications and put together a complete package to meet State/Federal compliance guidelines.
- Maintain knowledge of all Newcap programs and related community programs and services.
- Maintain relationships and network with other community-based service providers.
- Perform word processing, copying, data collection, report preparation, and other clerical assignments.
Foreclosure Prevention and Homebuyer Program:
- Advocate for clients and assist with mortgage modification and foreclosure intervention.
- Must be knowledgeable in HCRI (Housing Cost Reduction Initiative) application.
- Collaborates with peer organizations, local school districts and colleges, in presenting educational seminars.
- Work with clients on a one-on-one basis to provide education, guidance and referrals tailored to each client’s unique circumstances.
- Develops outreach programs and strategies to bring awareness to the communities Newcap serves in an effort to expand services.
- Provide housing pre-purchasing counseling.
- Complete HUD Homebuyer and Foreclosure Certification within one year of hire.
Representative Payee Program:
- Develop and implement the Representative Payee program.
- Complete the annual Representative Payee Report for each client, listing client funds received and funds spent.
- Learn and follow SSA rules and how the benefits are determined utilizing each beneficiary’s funds to their highest capacity to meet the beneficiary’s needs.
- Daily processes and management of cutting checks for members personal needs, extra requests, emergency requests.
- Daily decision making based on member needs vs. wants and making good decisions based that their funds will last through each month.
- Coordinate with others (such as county case managers, housing staff, counselors, etc.) who are assisting the client on issues related to client finances or client behavior related to finances.
- Closely monitor all assigned cases and maintain appropriate, accurate electronic and paper records of deposits, payments, and other transactions.
- Meet individually with clients to determine weekly/monthly spending requests, discuss changes in bills, assist with utility hook-ups, etc.
- Determine a client's basic monthly needs and how best to address them base on their income and abilities to self-budget.
- Provide timely notification to Social Security Administration if a client experiences any changes in circumstances, such as address change, change in employment, etc.
- Educate other agency payees to ensure they fully understand their duties and responsibilities.
PERSONAL AND BEHAVORIAL REQUIREMENTS:
- Reliable, dependable, prompt, organized, and work well with minimal supervision.
- Pleasant, professional, and courteous demeanor.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Strong organizational skills.
- Follow standard office procedures.
- Sensitive to people’s needs.
- Maintain complete confidentiality in all NEWCAP business-related matters.
- Show respect and treat all people with dignity.
- Flexible and able to adapt to different situations.
- Multitask effectively.
How to Apply:
Please fill out the on line application at the link below. (Note: please scroll down the career page to find the application.)
Newcap, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer