Job #: 11689
Title: Director - Bank Secrecy Act
Job Location: Tampa, Florida - United States
Salary: $220,000.00 - $330,000.00 - US Dollars - Yearly
Employer Will Recruit From: Nationwide
Relocation Paid?: Yes
WHY IS THIS A GREAT OPPORTUNITY?
Director - Bank Secrecy Act
In the Director - Bank Secrecy Act role, you will supervise the Banks BSA/AML Compliance Management Program, working as an objective body that reviews, assesses and communicates BSA/AML and OFAC associated compliance issues within the Bank. You will support the Board of Directors, management, and associates in meeting their answerability to execute the Banks business happenings in agreement with applicable laws, rules, and regulations, company policies and procedures.
You will apprise the General Counsel, senior management and the Board of the continuing status and efficiency of the BSA/AML and OFAC program by monitoring and reporting the standing and outcomes of the BSA/AML and OFAC compliance efforts of the corporation and in providing leadership for the Board and senior management team on matters relating to BSA/AML compliance. You will be authorized to implement all essential actions to safeguard attainment of the objectives of a successful BSA/AML compliance program.
Indispensable Functions of the Director - Bank Secrecy Act:
- Deliver BSA/AML/OFAC compliance advice in connection with due diligence of acquisition targets.
- Manage the Board approved BSA/AML compliance management program.
- Create standards for BSA/AML/OFAC compliance issue tracking.
- Provide issue guidance and guidance, addressing unique or new BSA/AML/OFAC compliance queries, growth of new products or delivery systems, and identification of any BSA/AML/OFAC compliance related matters or requirements preceding new product or system delivery.
- Respond to suspected violations of any BSA/AML or OFAC rules, regulations, policies, and procedures by assessing or recommending the commencement of investigative procedures or implementation of mitigating control processes.
- Advance and oversee a system for uniform handling of such violations.
- Deliver reports on a regular basis, and as directed or requested, to keep senior management informed of deviations in the Banks BSA/AML and OFAC compliance risk profile and the status and efficiency of the Banks BSA/AML Compliance Management Program, together with the competence of BSA/AML compliance resources and any impairments to upholding effective BSA/AML compliance controls.
- Develop a BSA and OFAC compliance risk assessment practice and coordinates implementation and execution.
- Monitor advancement of corrective action to ensure the actions taken are satisfactory and timely, and promptly intensifies issues that are not receiving appropriate attention to management and the Audit & Compliance Committee.
- Act as a liaison between the Bank and regulatory examiners and auditors for BSA/AML related examinations, enables reviews, and organizes and monitors the status of corrective action plans.
- Coordinate examination reply and status reporting. Work with management to advance suitable control processes to address issues identified in BSA compliance audits and examinations and reviews the implementation and performance of resulting controls.
- Formulate and compile Board and executive management reports.
- Monitor program performance and associated activities on an ongoing basis, taking suitable steps to improve its effectiveness.
- Launch operational objectives and assignments, and delegates projects to subordinate managers.
- Participate with other senior executives to establish corporate strategic plans and objectives.
- Maintain working acquaintance of our policies and procedures concerning the Bank Secrecy Act, Regulation CC, Regulation E, Bank Security and other regulations that apply to your position.
- Recognize and assess evolving internal and external BSA/AML/OFAC related compliance matters or possible liabilities; Cooperate with other departments to direct BSA/AML/OFAC compliance issues to suitable existing conduits for evaluation, investigation and resolution.
- Regularly interact with senior management or executive levels on matters regarding numerous functional areas, divisions and/or customers. Requires the ability to persuade and gain acceptance of others in sensitive situations.
- Bachelors degree in business or comparable.
- 12+ years of experience in banking with specific and in-depth acquaintance of current banking laws and regulations.
- CAMS designation preferred or preparedness to work toward certification required.
- Outstanding managerial, analytical, project management and interpersonal communication skills.
- Exceedingly well-developed influence-management skills to facilitate implementation of cross-organizational projects.
University - Master`s Degree
How to Apply: