Job #: 47536
Title: Senior Production Engineer
Job Location: Decatur, Alabama - United States
Remote Job: No
Salary: contact recruiter for details
Other Compensation: 8-12% Bonus
Employer Will Recruit From: Nationwide
Relocation Paid?: Yes
WHY IS THIS A GREAT OPPORTUNITY?
Location Houston Texas, Lots of room for upward mobility JOB DESCRIPTION
- As a key member of our Production Engineering team the Production Engineer provides chemical engineering expertise to deliver optimum performance of the process units in the areas of capacity, yields, energy, safety, and quality. Reporting to the site Production Engineering Manager, the Production Engineer works closely with professionals in Technology, Project Engineering, and Manufacturing. Production Engineers are assigned to support specific production units, but will have the flexibility to support all areas as necessary for high-value projects.
- Develop a collaborative working relationship with Site Leadership and the Manufacturing organization.
- Utilize Six Sigma and Operational Excellence principles to drive process to entitlement performance in the areas of capacity, yields, energy, safety, and quality.
- Support testing and implementing of new Technologies and processes.
- Works closely with Manufacturing Engineers, Control Engineers, and Operations to optimize the economic performance of the assigned process unit(s) by improving yields or reducing energy and other usages.
- Works with Operations, Maintenance, and Reliability professionals to improve the reliability of the process unit(s) and to maximize OEE.
- Actively supports the site & area safety programs via participation (or leadership) in PHAs, LOPAs, MOC, incident investigations, resolution of action items, and other activities to ensure safe operation and regulatory compliance.
- Serves as the unit production expert and provides technical counsel and troubleshooting assistance to Manufacturing Engineers and Operations as needed to deliver planned performance.
- Works with the Manufacturing Engineers and Operations to maintain all process documentation up-to-date.
- Serves as Manufacturing Representative on capital project teams.
- Provides process design information for small capital and/or expense projects.
- Generates innovative ideas for process improvements and works with Technology, Process Engineering, and Project Engineering to screen such ideas.
- Conducts trials and experiments to validate the scale-up of new processes and products, as well as to optimize processing conditions within operations.
- REQUIRED SKILLS
- Bachelors degree in Chemical Engineering
- Minimum 8 years experience in similar role in chemical or Oil & Gas plants ( See Job Description)
- Working knowledge of Six Sigma to drive process improvements preferred
- Previous experience with capital project implementation highly desired.(See Job Description}
- Proven troubleshooting skills.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and can thrive in a team-based environment.
- Strong communication skills, both oral and written.
- Proven ability to build and maintain strong business relationships.
- Strong organizational skills.
- Proven ability to meet deadlines
- Strong knowledge around advanced process control (e.g. being able to design, not program, multi-variable controls)
- Basic Equipment design is a plus
- Experience with process simulations to size pumps, lines, and other equipment is a plus
University - Bachelor`s Degree/3-4 Year Degree
How to Apply: