Job #: 47819
Title: Tooling Engineer
Job Location: Memphis, Tennessee - United States
Remote Job: No
Salary: $75,000.00 - $100,000.00 - US Dollars - Yearly
Other Compensation: Bonus
Employer Will Recruit From: Nationwide
Relocation Paid?: Yes
WHY IS THIS A GREAT OPPORTUNITY?
Fortune 100 Organization JOB DESCRIPTION
Responsible for all aspects of the tooling for the hot mill and other areas as assigned. Responsible to meeting production needs of the billet prep area. This includes design, verification and control of tools and inventory of tools. Maintain the machining areas. Ensuring tool quality and availability, delivered to press in a cost-effective manner.
- Supervises production activities in the Billet Prep area to meet production deadlines.
- Reviews new product tooling designs for feasibility and manufacturability issues.
- Sources tooling suppliers for new tooling programs and for the repair of existing tools
- Conducts and manages testing, trials of new dies to ensure quality product
- Leads die shop and billet prep while supervising the work of die technicians and operators
- Identifies and implements opportunities for improvement
- Provides for and ensures training of associates to provide career path and growth
- Direct work of team members and monitor project completion
- Train team members on safety, quality, delivery, and cost.
- Performs other required tasks as assigned.
- Manage production schedule and material delivery to Hot Mill.
- Manage inventory of tools
- Supports reviews of customer orders to establish suitable process parameters to ensure product compliance with internal and external requirements.
- Participates in internal audits, supports the Management Review process, and participates as a central figure in the corrective action process to support organizational improvement goals.
- Employs and trains others in effective problem-solving approaches to ensure the root cause(s) of issues are discovered, resolved, and verified to be eliminated.
- Completes other duties as assigned.
- Must understand and follow requirements of the QMS and EHS system.
- Supports and drives 6S in assigned areas
Education and Experience
- Bachelor`s degree (B.S.) from four-year college or university in a related field to Industrial Engineering, Industrial Technology, Metallurgy or Mechanical Engineering;
- Four years related experience; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Two years tooling and/or machine trades experience preferred.
University - Bachelor`s Degree/3-4 Year Degree
How to Apply: