Job #: 47221
Title: Process Engineer (Process Development)
Job Location: State College, Pennsylvania - United States
Remote Job: Unknown
Salary: contact recruiter for details
Other Compensation: bonus
Employer Will Recruit From: Nationwide
Relocation Paid?: Yes
WHY IS THIS A GREAT OPPORTUNITY?
A Fortune 500 company and industry leader that focuses on sustainability is seeking a Sr Process Engineer (Process Development). Seeking an individual to direct and support innovative new products and processes. Will work cross functional teams that support medium and longer term R&D projects. If you like the great outdoors, you`ll love this area with its location near the Susquehanna River and 2 million acres of public forest preserve as well as proximity to State College and Williamsport. Competitive salary and bonus. Excellent benefits. Relocation assistance provided. JOB DESCRIPTION
Will be considered the Technical and Subject Matter Expert (SME) for the business unit. Majority of your time will be spent directly supporting R&D operations in tech center/pilot plant and the remaining time, you will be providing support for new process technology to other locations. Will lead and assist with toll manufacturing qualifications.
Will support all aspect of scale up, capital engineering, and site lab operations.
Participate in Capex planning and execution.
Will also collaborate directly with chemists, pilot facility, operations, third party tollers and equipment manufacturers.
Ensure changes maintain PSM compliance.
Conduct feasibility studies and analysis of new ideas
Participate in project review meetings and lead execution of projects. QUALIFICATIONS
Travel is approximately 20%
- Minimum BS in Chemical Engineering, with 7+ years experience or MS/PhD with 4+ years, in chemical scale up and new process technology implementation.
- Will consider Polymer or Material Science backgrounds with related engineering skillset.
- Must have experience with process development and scale up of various types of polymers and knowledge of polymer synthesis.
- Experience in a process R&D setting with broad knowledge of multiple unit operations.
- Strong project management skills - required
- Should be able to evaluate technology from a chemical and financial perspective. Strategic thinker.
- Willing to travel approximately 20% both domestically and internationally.
University - Bachelor`s Degree/3-4 Year Degree
How to Apply: