Job #: 47040
Title: ABL Division Executive (Leadership)
Job Location: Philadelphia, Pennsylvania - United States
Remote Job: Unknown
Salary: $150,000.00 - $230,000.00 - US Dollars - Yearly
Employer Will Recruit From: Nationwide
Relocation Paid?: Negotiable
WHY IS THIS A GREAT OPPORTUNITY?
ABL Division Executive
The ABL Division Executive (the Executive) is responsible for facilitating growth initiatives for the Asset Based Lending group including Business Development Officers through consistent business development efforts and management of key client and referral source relationships throughout the Northeastern United States with specific concentration on Philadelphia and surrounding areas but also including vital markets such as Eastern and Central Pennsylvania, Delaware, New York, and New Jersey. The Executive must have strong contacts and be able to develop new relationships among typical Asset Based Lending referral sources within the targeted geography.
The Executive will have a strong record of revenue generation from self-generated sales along with extensive experience structuring asset based loans to fit borrowers needs primarily focused on sole bank Asset Based Lending transactions. The Executive has experience developing and executing on a strategy to grow the clients market share in the region including working with a team of business development underwriting and portfolio professionals. The Executive is recognized as a major advocate for client initiatives and effectively leads deal teams and partners with other areas of the bank in achieving this mission successfully. The role is accountable for ensuring the team maintains the required internal control standards, including adherence to audit, regulatory and compliance policies. JOB DESCRIPTION
CRITICAL DUTIES, TASKS AND ACCOUNTABILITIES
ABL Division Executive:
- Business Delivery and Operational Effectiveness
- Generates meaningful relationships and revenues for the bank via multiple sources of business including investment banks, private equity sponsors (who tend to focus on Asset Based Lending structures) and non-sponsor owned private and public companies across a range of traditional Asset Based industries over a sustained period of time and recognizes revenue opportunities to cross-sell bank products for all areas of the Bank.
- Collaborates with coverage relationship partners (Commercial Bank, Treasury/Cash Management, etc.) to generate ideas, identify client solutions, pursue sector marketing efforts, cover clients, and deliver timely solutions.
- Provide deal structuring and additional expertise as knowledge base and needs dictate.
- Negotiates transactions with clients on highly complex legal matters.
- Maintains key ongoing contacts across industries, referral sources and with sector relationship managers.
- Managerial Leadership
- Provides leadership to the deal teams in order to ensure successful transactions are undertaken in an efficient manner.
- Aligns tasks and assignments with departmental goals and objectives through leadership, planning and direction to the teams.
- Effectively influences and gains support of other areas of the firm in delivering solutions to clients.
- Builds a high performance/ high productivity work environment by maintaining effective managerial practices.
- Manages and utilizes resources effectively to grow business and manage risk.
- Significantly contributes to building an integrated ABL team that can collaborate with internal partners by breaking down inefficiencies and role modeling teamwork with a client-centered approach.
- Effectively communicates and partners with others.
- Represents the bank and demonstrates leadership through participation on industry working groups.
- Mentor junior business development officers and underwriters.
- Continues to stay abreast of industry updates, communicates them as appropriate to business unit leaders and staff, and applies changes as it meets with the strategic initiatives of the business unit.
- Viewed in the market as an Asset Based Lending expert, actively participating in panels and conferences to increase visibility of the clients Asset Based Lending expertise.
- Ensures delivery of exemplary client service by troubleshooting as client advocate in a professional, ethical, and conscientious manner.
- Oversees mandate and term sheet legal documentation subsequent high-level monitoring of underwriting process and legal documentation.
REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS, SKILLS & CAPACITIES
ABL Division Executive:
- In-depth level of commercial credit/portfolio management knowledge, skills & experience.
- An undergraduate degree in finance, economics, or accounting preferred.
- CPA, MBA or equivalent experience in finance, and/or accounting a plus.
- Minimum of 10 (ten) years in financial services industry experience in a corporate lending environment with solid achievements in developing ABL business and at least 5 (five) years direct management experience leading an ABL division.
- Excellent knowledge of the organizational lending and portfolio management policies and objectives.
- Expert knowledge in Asset Based Lending as recognized by clients and peers.
- Significant managerial, change management, and leadership experience.
- Exceptional abilities in business development with demonstrated excellence in cross-selling success sustaining significant revenue generation.
- Highly developed written and oral communication skills.
- Exceptional analytical skills.
- Experience generating ABL legal term sheets and negotiating ABL credit agreements.
- Strong interpersonal skills used within a team environment and in client interaction with emphasis on excelling in relationship building.
- Strong ability to advocate persuasively.
- Excellent capability to independently and proactively service multiple clients and effectively manage multiple priorities.
University - Bachelor`s Degree/3-4 Year Degree
How to Apply: