Job #: 40571
Title: Assistant Herd Manager (KH-9205)
Job Location: Loganton, Pennsylvania - United States
Salary: $40,000.00 - $50,000.00 - US Dollars - Yearly
Other Compensation: Cell phone if needed + Housing + Milk + Paid Vacation + Uniforms + Work Vehicle if needed
Employer Will Recruit From: Nationwide
Relocation Paid?: Negotiable
WHY IS THIS A GREAT OPPORTUNITY?
Assistant Herd Manager position - Pennsylvania
$40,000 - $50,000 JOB DESCRIPTION
A large dairy located in Pennsylvania is searching for an Assistant Herd Manager, who enjoys working with cows, for their operation. The Assistant Herd Manager is responsible for overseeing 3 milkers and 1 feeder and ensure that daily tasks are completed in a timely manner, be proactive with any issues that may arise, and that protocols and procedures are followed. Must have strong herd health experience and be able to spot, diagnose, and treat sick cows. Will push cows to parlor once a day. Prefer experience with hoof trimming, and general maintenance. Will also be responsible for record keeping with on Dairy Comp 305. Must be able to speak Dairy Spanish.
Duties include but not limited to:
- Daily communication with the Head Herdsman
- Dry offs
- Immucell vaccinations
- Working with hoof trimmer
- Sorting pre fresh cows
- Treating mastitis and managing milk quality at that dairy
- Basic day to day parlor maintenance
- Ordering commodities
- Working together with feeder to manage feed bunk
- Pushing cows once per day
- Manage a small milking crew of Hispanic workers.
- Daily monitoring of all cows, walking pens, assisting where assistance is needed.
- Record keeping, DC 305, written records
- Some calf duties (no newborns)
- Other duties as needed.
MUST HAVE CURRENT DAIRY EXPERIENCE TO BE CONSIDERED FOR THIS POSITION
- Strong Dairy experience
- Supervising experience
- Leadership / Motivational skills
- Strong herd health experience
- Calf experience
- Hoof Trimming experience
- General Maintenance
- Computer experience
- Dairy Spanish
- Valid Driver`s License
University - Bachelor`s Degree/3-4 Year Degree
How to Apply: