Job #: 36153
Title: Herdsman (KH-8953)
Job Location: Lone Tree, Colorado - United States
Salary: $45,000.00 - $50,000.00 - US Dollars - Yearly
Employer Will Recruit From: Nationwide
Relocation Paid?: Negotiable
WHY IS THIS A GREAT OPPORTUNITY?
Herdsman position - Colorado
$45,000 - $50,000 JOB DESCRIPTION
A large dairy operation located in Colorado who is searching for an experienced Herdsman. This position is responsible for maximizing milk production in terms of both quantity and quality ensuring the highest level of health and reproductive quality for our dairy animals. Help support dairy team members by providing direction and assistance with activities. QUALIFICATIONS
- Responsible for managing the health, wellness, feeding and movement of dairy cattle.
- Responsible for sick cow identification, diagnosis, lameness, mastitis or any abnormality and treating according to established programs.
- Responsible for vaccinating and dry-off of cattle, fresh cow maternity care, taking care of calves and maintain the calving areas.
- Responsible for AI and natural breeding programs.
- Responsible for hoof trimming program.
- Responsible for maintaining all dairy records and records on all cows using Dairy Comp 305.
- Responsible for carrying out any other duties as required to successfully maintain the herd.
MUST HAVE CURRENT DAIRY EXPERIENCE TO BE CONSIDERED FOR THIS POSITION.
- Bachelor`s degree or equivalent combination of education and experience in Agriculture, Veterinary, Dairy Management or a related field.
- Previous experience working with cows including, heat detection, sickness, lameness, and treating accordingly.
- AI breeding and hoof trimming experience.
- Experience with sorting and moving groups of cows.
- Experience with fresh cow maternity care.
- Ability to operate Dairy Comp 305 and other computer software.
- Experience in feeding, bedding and milking cows.
- Ability to operate farm machinery and lift 50 lbs.
- Must have a valid driver`s license.
University - Bachelor`s Degree/3-4 Year Degree
How to Apply: