Job #: 35341
Title: Sr. IT Auditor
Job Location: , South Carolina - United States
Salary: $80,000.00 - $90,000.00 - US Dollars - Yearly
Employer Will Recruit From: Nationwide
Relocation Paid?: Yes
WHY IS THIS A GREAT OPPORTUNITY?
Strong Presence in the Southeast! JOB DESCRIPTION
- Plan and organize internal audit assignments to determine the effectiveness of internal controls and systems of risk management and efficiency of operations in the assigned business units, functions, or activities.
- Assist in communicating the results of audit projects to management via written reports and oral presentations.
- Perform risk analysis, identify internal controls, and design and execute audit tests of controls and transactions in accordance with professional standards for various technology platforms and processes:
- Prepare complete audit work papers to support audit work performed and conclusions drawn for each area reviewed.
- Assist and prepare audit reports for managements review of exceptions and control deficiencies noted during the examination.
- Perform follow-up as necessary to confirm resolution of the audit findings.
- Serve as Subject Matter Expert (SME) in one or more IT areas and provide guidance and oversight to other auditors performing engagements in subject matter areas
- Other duties as assigned by the Chief Audit Executive and Senior IT Audit Manager
- Bachelors Degree in Computer Science, Management of Information Systems (MIS), Accounting or related field; or sufficient experience in public accounting, internal auditing, or another field that would provide the same basic knowledge.
- A minimum of 3 years of operational IT audit experience.
- Working understanding of information technology and security operations, networking, systems management, application controls, change management, and other operational IT controls.
- Understanding of risk and control frameworks for information systems (e.g. COBIT, NIST, etc.) as well as the objectives of related controls.
- Strong analytical skills, including the ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts and draw valid conclusions.
- Ability to research new technologies, identify weaknesses and control points, and apply them in performance of audit engagements.
- Strong organizational skills, able to work independently with minimal supervision and meet deadlines.
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, etc.).
- Establish and maintain good client relations during engagements to support creation of realistic solutions.
Ability to travel overnight
- Professional certification in an audit-related discipline (CPA, CIA, CISM, CISA, CISSP) is desirable. All internal audit personnel should consider pursuit of professional certification and maintenance of continuing professional education as a professional goal
- Experience working with scripting and coding languages to write data extracts or automation programs (e.g., PowerShell, SQL, Python, Visual Basic (VBS/VBA), etc.).
- Knowledge of information security and cybersecurity industry trends.
- Use of personal computing software applications and other IT tools (Windows administrator tools, NMAP, PowerShell, etc.) in data discovery, analysis and organizing of supporting audit work papers.
University - Bachelor`s Degree/3-4 Year Degree
How to Apply: