Job #: 35365
Title: Production Department Manager - Foods
Job Location: Fort Wayne, Indiana - United States
Salary: $80,000.00 - $105,000.00 - US Dollars - Yearly
Employer Will Recruit From: Regional
Relocation Paid?: Negotiable
WHY IS THIS A GREAT OPPORTUNITY?
Worldwide food company JOB DESCRIPTION
The responsibilities of the Production Department Manager include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Identifying areas of process performance gaps.
- Determining initiatives to close gaps, including but not limited to the following:
- Creation or revision of Standard Operating Procedures (detailed, and visual).
- Work Instructions.
- Maintenance interventions.
- Equipment upgrades, understanding cost/benefit and priority.
- Owning and directing Department technical initiatives:
- Solid-line authority for intra-department efforts.
- Dotted-line authority for inter-department / cross-functional efforts.
- Understanding and explaining progress to senior leadership.
- Understanding and explaining production capabilities.
- Budgeting and financial planning for improvement initiatives.
- Understanding and explaining POR, CAR, PCR, NIRC, NERF, and Trial processes, as it pertains to their department.
- Filling in for the Operations Manager when necessary by attending meetings, production calls, etc.
Will manage 5-7 team leaders and approximately 190 on all shifts.
The duties of the Production Department Manager include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Managing Team Leaders daily
- Working directly with hourly production Associates
- Budgeting and variance reporting weekly
- Doing POR, CAR, PCR, NIRC, NERF, and trial processes as needed
The Production Department Manager has a broad scope of decision-making authority within the department as it relates to personnel, spending, and operations. They are expected to consult the People Department and Plant Manager as needed to assist in the decision-making process and to keep all parties informed.
- Attending various meetings at it pertains to their department daily, weekly, and monthly
BS degree a must
5 or more years of relevant work experience
High-speed food or pharms manufacturing experience
Food or pharms Manufacturing is a must
University - Bachelor`s Degree/3-4 Year Degree
How to Apply: