Job #: 35288
Title: EHS Specialist
Job Location: , Nebraska - United States
Salary: contact recruiter for details
Other Compensation: Bonus eligible
Employer Will Recruit From: Regional
Relocation Paid?: Yes
WHY IS THIS A GREAT OPPORTUNITY?
This role is located in central Nebraska and is the largest division of a well known, global company. It is considered a development center to groom employees for leadership roles in other divisions across the US. JOB DESCRIPTION
- Leads, manages and coordinates all aspects of facility goals and objectives in Environment, Health and Safety (EHS). Works with and through management, to ensure compliance with state, federal and organizational safety and environmental procedures. In matters of EHS, will be directly responsible for successful implementation of EHS programs and procedures to achieve a zero-incident culture. This position does not have any direct-reports and will have functional reporting to the Division EHS Manager with a strong dotted line to the site Operations Manager.
- Evaluate operations and initiate programs to ensure compliance with applicable EHS policies, regulations, principles, and practices.
- Assist in the identification, analysis and control of occupational hazards requiring the application of engineering knowledge, skill, and abilities.
- Coordinate and audit plant incident investigation process. Lead audit teams to identify pre-injury trends, determine compliance with established safety/health procedures and recommend appropriate actions. Perform follow up on corrective actions.
- Plan, develop, coordinate and deliver training programs to all team members.
- Facilitate meetings including, safety team meetings / Safety HPT, problem solving teams/meetings, and EHS planning meetings.
- Keep accurate and timely records, prepare and deliver regulatory reports, such as OSHA, RCRA, SARA, and EPA reports, per scheduled deadlines.
- Onsite contact for Corporate EHS Department, and under Corporate direction, manage EPA actions such as, but not limited to, NOVs, cleanups and complaints.
- Onsite contacts for Corporate EHS Department and under their direction manage OSHA actions such as, but not limited to, inspections, letters of noncompliance, informal conferences.
- Maintain necessary EHS records.
- Ensure compliance with Federal / State / Local Environmental regulations including Corporate and Divisional EHS Policy and Directives.
- Support customer EHS requirements.
- Develop measure and track internal EHS metrics, plans and goals.
- Works alongside and works with facility team on EHS matters.
- Participates and supports plant 5S + Safety program
- Chair ISO 14000 and 18000 Committees (if applicable).
- 4-year college degree preferred or combination of education & work experience
- 3-5 Years of experience in manufacturing plant level EHS coordination.
- A strong working knowledge of EPA & OSHA or Country regulations.
Creative ability in insuring safety of employees and environment while meeting the needs of production.
University - Bachelor`s Degree/3-4 Year Degree
How to Apply: