Job #: 35261
Title: Principal RF Design Engineer
Job Location: Hauppauge, New York - United States
Salary: $130,000.00 - $170,000.00 - US Dollars - Yearly
Employer Will Recruit From: Nationwide
Relocation Paid?: Yes
WHY IS THIS A GREAT OPPORTUNITY?
This is a fantastic opportunity for a Sr. level RF (Radio Frequency) engineer where you will see your designs used in real-time both in the NFL as well as at some of your favorite retail and giant stores like Amazon, Target and the US Postal service. The room for growth, job security, salary and benefits make this a career opportunity that you wont want to pass up.
- Located halfway between Baltimore, MD and Washington, DC, the location offers something for everyone.
- Relocation assistance is available.
- Salary and benefits are fantastic!
Our principal RF Design engineer is responsible for developing products from inception to production release. Most designs will consist of system and board level designs of radio transmitters and receivers in the 2GHz-8GHz range, RF Front Ends, Filters, Antenna matching circuits, RF test systems for development and manufacturing, design and/or specification of antennas, and documentation including specifications, user manuals, and test procedures.
Our select engineer will work with in-house Electrical engineers, Mechanical engineers and Firmware engineers as well as off-shore Joint-Development-Partners (JDMs) in the design and manufacture of RFID / Locating and (GPS) related Systems. QUALIFICATIONS
A Bachelor or Masters degree in Electrical Engineering and 10+ years of experience in RF designs is required, coupled with board level RF/Analog circuit design skills
- You will be responsible for RF system implementation throughout a product design cycle.
- You will support EMI/EMC trouble shooting and validation.
- You will be responsible for part selection, prototyping, factory bring up and lab bench debug and root cause.
- Domestic/international travel to achieve program milestones.
- Work with internal cross-functional team and external JDM/CM to successfully bring wireless product to market.
- RF design experience in the 2GHz-8GHz range
- RF System level design experience in Ultra-Wideband (UWB) a big plus
- Experience with BLE/Wi-Fi/LoRa/GPS RF design
- Solid understanding of system level antenna design
- Experience with very low power, battery-based designs
- Have taken RF products through FCC/ETSI compliance testing
- Proven ability to write complex technical requirements documents
Our company has a presence in all sizes of ecommerce / retail, manufacturing, transportation and logistics, healthcare, professional sports, and other industries such as inventory control, barcode printing, mobile computing, data capture, locating, data platforms, and software
This RF Engineer is responsible for the design of products which incorporate a diverse set of location technologies including: Ultra-Wideband (UWB), ISO 24730 (2.4GHz), Bluetooth Low Energy (BLE), Wi-Fi, magnetic and others, to locate inventory, assets and people. You will design RFID tags, beacons, receivers, hubs, etc. Products developed by this group include UWB tags and receivers which are used to track all NFL football players and balls at all NFL games at all stadiums. Design engineers must be creative in applying the latest technologies to solving difficult location (GPS) problems with cost effective, accurate, and reliable hardware and firmware.
University - Bachelor`s Degree/3-4 Year Degree
How to Apply: