Job #: 35269
Title: SENIOR COUNSEL
Job Location: Washington, District of Columbia - United States
Salary: $160,000.00 - $185,000.00 - US Dollars - Yearly
Other Compensation: Annual Bonus
Employer Will Recruit From: Nationwide
Relocation Paid?: Yes
WHY IS THIS A GREAT OPPORTUNITY?
Excellent opportiunity to join a financial leader in the mortgage securitization market JOB DESCRIPTION
Or client is a leading financial institution who has an immedicate need for an analytical and detail-oriented attorney to lead the drafting and negotiation of transaction and disclosure documents in sophisticated mortgage-related securities transactions.
- Provides legal counsel and execution support for mortgage-related securitization programs and other securities-related transactions.
- Collaborate with and enhance the performance of the business units by providing timely, market driven securities law, securitization and capital markets legal advice related to management`s development, modification and execution of securitization programs and company policies that affect immediate operations and may also have company-wide effect.
- Coordinate with peers, manage teams of outside counsel and interact on behalf of the company with regulators and professional organizations.
- Execute complicated securitization transactions in partnership with various business units.
- Juris Doctor (JD) degree; membership in good standing in a state Bar and a minimum of three years of legal experience; Typically has 3-7 years of related work experience.
- Experience in securitization and capital markets transactions with a law firm or corporate law department.
- Knowledge of federal securities laws and securities market practices.
- Drafting and negotiation of transaction/disclosure documents in sophisticated residential and/or commercial mortgage-related securities transactions.
- Analysis of legal and policy issues affecting the securities and securitization markets; and the creative, collaborative representation of business clients.
University - JD
How to Apply: