Job #: 34649
Title: Prototype Machining Coordinator
Job Location: Buffalo, New York - United States
Salary: contact recruiter for details
Employer Will Recruit From: Local
Relocation Paid?: NO
WHY IS THIS A GREAT OPPORTUNITY?
The successful candidate will be a part of a globally recognized company that offers technologically innovative solutions for automotive and industrial applications. The company attributes their success to having diverse, competent teams of innovative, out of the box thinkers who want to reach their full potential, and by giving back to their community through various social engagement activities. JOB DESCRIPTION
Do you enjoy working with a great deal of responsibility, knowing your efforts make a valuable impact? Are you highly organized, driven, and collaborative to effectively coordinate prototype development and offer helpful improvements? Our client, an established and progressive manufacturer, is seeking a Prototype Coordinator to be a key member of the leadership team in Buffalo NY.
The Prototype Coordinator will be responsible for all procurement activities for prototype A/C automotive compressors components, including the development of a prototype supply base and the control plans for processing of all components.
- Perform/coordinate precision measurements of compressor components
- Develop control plans for all prototype compressor components
- Track measurements of incoming component parts into system
- Provide improvements to existing prototype inventory tracking system
- Develop and author engineering prototype specifications for components and assemblies
- Comply with shop safety regulations and maintain a clean work environment
- Prefer a 2 year Associate diploma from a Community College.
- 5+ years experience in manufacturing processes in machining, forging, casting, stamping, and molding
- 5+ years experience in development of precision products
- Excellent communication skills to convey technical concepts
- Experience or capability of learning the usage of Metrology equipment
- Experience using measurement tools (micrometers, calipers, depth gage, torque wrench)
- Ability to perform precision assembly of components by hand
- Understand blueprints reading, interpretation, and specification of Geometric Dimensioning and Tolerancing (GD&T)
How to Apply: