Job #: 35103
Title: Sr. Manager, Technical Accounting
Job Location: Basking Ridge, New Jersey - United States
Salary: $140,000.00 - $150,000.00 - US Dollars - Yearly
Employer Will Recruit From: Local
Relocation Paid?: NO
WHY IS THIS A GREAT OPPORTUNITY?
Our client is a tech company based out of NJ. They are looking for a Sr. Manager, Technical Accounting to join their team. The individual in this role will assist the VP of Policies and Technical Accounting in maintaining the company`s accounting policies, perform technical accounting research, implement new accounting standards and more. This is known to be a great company to work for that offers competitive compensation, incentives, and benefits. JOB DESCRIPTION
- Provide guidance on complex accounting matters across all functional lines of the organization.
- Conduct accounting research, provide recommendations on the application of accounting standards, and document the companys positions with formal position papers.
- Draft new or make changes to existing policies, ensuring policies are up to date with the latest accounting and control guidance.
- Support continual training program on accounting policies and new and existing accounting pronouncements.
- Provide guidance to all functional lines of the organization on various Policy Questions
- Responsible for development of continual training program on accounting policies
- Manage dissemination and response to questions that come into the Technical Accounting Inbox.
- Review accounting for non-standard revenue transactions and develop monthly reports for senior management.
- Manage the global reporting process associated with Non-Standard Revenue Transactions, including the use of SharePoint reporting tools.
- Manage the adoption of new accounting standards, including updates to Senior Management on the status of adoption.
- Organize monthly CPE training for the benefit of all employees.
- Issue monthly Heads up Emails to the finance organization on various accounting, policy and control topics of interest.
- Work on Comment Letter Responses to Standard Setters on proposed Accounting Standards.
- Review SEC filings and participate in Monthly Accounting Review (MAR) Meetings.
- Design and implement sound internal control procedures to be in compliance with Corporate Policies and Procedures, safeguard company assets, and SOX requirements.
- Identify opportunities to drive operational excellence and eliminate waste in processing and reporting.
- 7-15 years of experience in technical accounting
- Bachelor Degree in Accounting or Finance
- CPA Required
- Public/Private combo preferred but public is a must
University - Bachelor`s Degree/3-4 Year Degree
How to Apply: