Job #: 35119
Title: Quality Engineer
Job Location: Clinton, Iowa - United States
Salary: $80,000.00 - $90,000.00 - US Dollars - Yearly
Employer Will Recruit From: Local
Relocation Paid?: NO
WHY IS THIS A GREAT OPPORTUNITY?
Our client is looking for a pro active Quality Engineer who likes to make things right. They are one of the largest fabricators of foams, molded fiber and specialty materials in North America. This is a complex, multi-step manufacturing process within a team oriented, customer-driven organization. If you are looking for a challenge, contact us. JOB DESCRIPTION
Our client is a large fabricator of foams, molded fiber and specialty materials in North America.
They are recruiting for a Quality Engineer who will provide engineering technical support to the business related to customer complaints, corrective actions, process capability and control, statistical analysis, component validation, product measurement and testing, product launch, and product certification.
The Quality Engineer is also the lead for internal and external audit and ensures the integrity of the quality management system.
- Provide root cause investigation and corrective actions on customer returns, complaints,
- Product validation preparation, presentation (PPAP) for new, modified and existing products.
- Provide product metrology and measurement.
- Provide training, guidance, direction for manufacturing, engineering, materials, customers and suppliers in performance measurement.
- Provide program launch support at the plant and customer facilities.
- Ensure quality management system is maintained and conforms to ISO standards
- Own document management process and maintain controlled document system
- Write work instructions and standard operating procedures
- Schedule, calibrate, validate and maintain gauge and equipment calibration.
- Perform preventive action and continuous improvement.
- Manage raw material and product containment at plant and customer facilities.
- Identify and participate in internal system and process audits and vendor audits.
- Perform SPC and capability analysis, install statistical sampling process as needed
- Create C of C / C of A documents for product shipments.
- Support problem solving efforts for in-process and vendor related quality problems.
- Support product development and production transfer ensuring process capability and product requirements are understood.
- Identify and train internal process auditors.
- Improve and monitor inspection processes.
- Perform all tasks associated with ISO certifications and compliance.
- BS degree in Engineering
- 5 + years quality experience in an ISO certified manufacturing environment that includes document management, inspection process and quality corrective action responsibilities.
- ASQ certification in quality and/or quality assurance, quality management certification a plus.
- Ability to work in a cross-functional team environment with strong problem solving capabilities
- Knowledge of complex, multi-step manufacturing processes.
- Strong working knowledge of statistical process control and statistical software quality background, auditing and quality inspection experience is required.
- Experience using measurement equipment including gauges, calipers and calibration equipment
- Make independent QA decisions on production floor to meet delivery commitments specifications.
University - Bachelor`s Degree/3-4 Year Degree
How to Apply: